FOUR

oh, to shitty dates and shitty attitudes

"So, you're saying you made a deal with your friend that you'd find a guy to go on a date, and for what?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow as he took a drag from his cigarette.

"My friends like to get on my case for not, uh, dating." She laughed a little, as she pulled her hands to her arms and grabbed onto her bare shoulders, but still shivering from the cold.

"When was the last time you were on a date? Well, besides tonight, of course." He continued, and Dru grew quite, kind of not wanting to have to revisit her past, but also wanting to be honest with him for some reason. It was just seemingly easy to talk with this stranger who was now becoming her friend. "Sorry, I didn't mean to overstep."

"No, no it's fine. Um, it was 3 years ago. I was 22 and still in college. I dated this guy for about two years and uh, let's just say it wasn't the best relationship." She looked down at her hands which had been stiffening from the cold, and rubbed them together with a shiver. She wanted to go in, but she also felt a strong pull to stay outside and continue to talk. But she convinced herself it was just simply the fact that she wanted to continue to smoke.

"Sorry about that." He found himself saying, slightly surprising him. Did Draco feel sorry for her? I mean, why did he all of a sudden care for this girl? But something just felt so, familiar, about her. And he enjoyed their nighlty cigarette conversations. Dru's shoulders lifted, as her hands shook more with the cold. But as she slowly finished her cigarette, she didn't really want this conversation to end. Draco finally took notice of the freezing girl before him and quickly took off his black jacket. "Here." He stated, walking over to her, and draping it over her shoulders.

"Oh, thank you." She chuckled, embarrassed for being such a wimp in the cold. "But, it's fine. I've moved on. Just not a lot of guys give me good vibes these days, so I tend to steer clear from any sort of relationships." She shrugged.

"Well, what if I took you somewhere?" The words left Draco's lips before he could even comprehend what he was saying. Draco thought to himself for a moment. It couldn't hurt to get to know her more. As long as he didn't get too close, what's the harm in spending his time with someone? It's not like he was having any luck finding the missing members of the Potter Alliance. But maybe he was trying to come up with excuses so he didn't have to take back his invite and feel like an idiot.

"Oh, please." She waved her hand. "You don't have to take me on a pity date. I promise, I'm fine, but thank you." She smiled, gratefully. Draco opened his mouth to try to protest, when her date came walking out abruptly, ruining the moment entirely.

"Will you be joining us? Or should I get going?" Brian asked, impatiently, eyeing the unfamiliar guy next to Dru, causing Draco to stiffen up and step forward slightly with his hands balled up into fists.

"Yeah, sorry." She muttered, oblivious to the tension around her, and she flicked the cigarette to the ground. Draco's hands unclenched as she walked past him. "Thanks for the smoke." She smiled, as he nodded, and she followed Brian to the entrance door and entered, leaving Draco to the cold, with only a cigarette and the smell of her lavender perfume behind. Draco looked down to his and flicked it out into the snow, continuing to follow in her lead, but only to his own flat, rather than Ziggy's.

Dru sat uncomfortably next to the obnoxious entitled date of hers, wishing this night would just come to an end already. Not only was he intimidating, in all the wrong ways, but he was driving her crazy with his incessant need to boast about himself. Which, by the way, caused everyone to drown in boredom. It was, to say the least, unbearable. "So what do you say we play a little game of truth or dare?" Ziggy spoke up as Calista perked up from behind the kitchen island as she poured herself a drink.

"Yes!" She shouted, enthusiastically, grabbing the glass and rushing over to Dru who was seated on the floor.

"I'll start." Ziggy smiled menacingly. "Philip, truth or dare." He winked to his date, who was now blushing from nervousness.

"Uh, truth?" He questioned his choice.

"Tell us the dirtiest thing you've done with a partner." Ziggy immediately knew what his question would be. And Dru knew he'd be wanting some details. Brian shifted in his seat, clearly bothered by this personal question, and seeming to wonder why he was even here.

Rolling her eyes, Dru stood to her feet, and walked over to the kitchen, where she got herself another drink. She'd need to be a little more drunk to get through this nightmare of a date. She found herself wondering what Draco was up to. Would it be weird to go up and invite him down here? She shook the thought from her mind, realizing that absolutely would be weird. But why? Maybe it was because she hardly really knew him and her friends definitely didn't. Or the fact she was on a date, and even though Brian was a miserable oaf of a man, it'd be rude to have another guy come by. No, she said to herself, refraining from going and getting him. I mean, why would a guy like that want to come down and play truth or dare like a bunch of teenagers?

From the living room ahead, she heard the laughter and looked to see everyone enjoying themselves, except mister 'I'm too good for this'. Sighing, she retrieved the whole bottle of Tito's and rejoined them. Holding onto the jacket Draco had just given her outside, which she drowned in from the height difference, she realized at least this gave her an excuse to see him again.