FIVE.2

knock, knock, it's an intervention!

A knock on the door caused Ophelia to roll over and face the wall. She had no desire to see anyone right now, especially her friends. All she wanted was to be left alone. She had never felt like this before. She wondered what he parents would think of their once sweet and kind girl, behaving in such a manner. The only thing she was thankful for in this moment was that even with all the anger she had let go of, her powers didn't come through. That took serious self control and somehow she managed it. "Ophelia?" Her best friends voice rang out. It was Pansy. "I kind of need to get in. But my wands in there." She said through the locked door. Ophelia, not caring enough to retrieve her own wand, waved her hand and unlocked it from the bed. Wandless magic, just one of the many gifts she possessed that had to remain a secret. "Okay, now please don't be mad, but I lied to you." Pansy stated as Ophelia sat up, seeing Blaise and Theo just behind her. Ophelia slammed back down on the bed and covered her head with a pillow, letting out a long, exaggerated groan.

"Can you all just bugger off, please?" Her muffled voice carried through the pillow and to them. But they didn't. Blaise and Pansy sat on the side of her bed as Theo leaned against the doorway. Removing the pillow from her face, she looked up to see not only were the three of them there, but Draco had come as well. "Great. Is this an intervention or something?" She frowned.

"You're just not yourself right now, babes. We're all worried about you." Pansy rested her hand on Ophelia's leg, as her frown turned into a straight face with no expression. Draco stood silent in the doorway.

"I'm fine." Ophelia stammered out.

"Beg to differ on that one, mate." Theo of course had to add a sense of wittiness into the conversation. "We all saw you go to town on Greengrass out there. It's pretty clear you've reached a breaking point." She knew he was right. They all were. Normally things like this wouldn't cause her to have such outbursts as she has been. But she knew it was just her powers amplifying inside her body, desperately looking for an outlet to unleash some sort of havoc. One can only go so long without using their powers, until it finds a way.

"Ophelia, I wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened out on the field. I don't agree with what you did, but I see why you did it. Quite honestly, I'm impressed." Blaise spoke eloquently to her.

"Thanks, father. I appreciate the sentiment." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Look, if I weren't captain of the team, I would have told you to finish her off. But I have to be the disciplinary one, alright? And I can't show favorites when it comes to my friends and my team." He explained further, and she was understanding him just a little more now. She nodded, letting the anger dissipate from her slowly. "Believe me, it was pretty brilliant."

"And bloody hot, might I add." Theo chimed in as Ophelia took her pillow, throwing it at him. Pansy looked to Draco, who was still silent and unchanged. She widened her eyes and nodded over to Ophelia, indicating that he needs to work his shit out with her. He nodded slightly.

"Ophelia, could we talk?" He asked, approaching.

"Oh, we're back to using first names now, are we?" She asked him and he couldn't help but smirk. "Yeah. That's fine." The other three walked out, shutting the door behind them. Draco stared at Ophelia in her bed, unsure of where to begin. Slowly, he grew closer to her, sitting on the left side toward the foot of the bed.

"I am truly sorry for the things I had said to you. In all honesty, I didn't mean any of it. It was just my way of pushing you away, I suppose." He swallowed his pride as he let down his walls around his emotions.

"But why do you want to push me away?" She asked, leaning forward, just a tad bit closer to him.

"It's—," he stopped. He too, had a secret. And he couldn't tell her. He couldn't tell anyone, even if she was who he wanted to know the absolute most. "It's complicated. I just, have a lot going on and a lot on my mind and one day, I'll be able to explain it all, I hope. But for now, I need you to be content with that answer." He finally looked over to her as she nodded, feeling tears swell up in her eyes. His hand reached forward, resting itself gently on her knee. "I do miss you, Ophelia. I miss our friendship."