TWENTY EIGHT

bloody hell

Dru let out a scream so loud that Draco shot up from the floor he had been sitting on outside the door of the room she was in at the safe house. To begin with, he had no desire to let her endure this, but she made her own decision. It was her body, her choice, and Draco couldn't contest to that, even if he wanted to. "Draco," Pansy began, noticing the look of worry on his face, "she wants to do this." She assured him, extending her arm in front of the door so he couldn't attempt to enter, as he had been doing constantly.

"We've been doing this for two fucking days and there's been no progress!" He shouted at her, gritting his teeth.

"It's her choice, not yours." Pansy reminded him. Draco opened his mouth to speak again, but footsteps approaching caught his attention. His eyes drifted over to see Fred walking to them. This made him even more angry. Fred, in Draco's mind, had no business intruding.

"What do you want, Weasley?" Draco snapped at him.

"I was just bringing some water for her." Fred adjusted his posture confidently, trying not to let his fear for these death eaters get the best of him. Another scream rang out from inside and Fred peered in through the window to the room, seeing Blaise and Theo, standing above Dru with their wands aiming at her shaking body. "Don't you think one of us should do it now? Maybe your lots methods aren't exactly working out too well."

"None of you will lay a hand on her." Draco sneered. He only wanted his friends to do it, because he didn't trust any of the PA, rightfully so. But they didn't trust him either, so the predicament was ironic. It was Dru's choice to begin with, and to please Draco, she agreed to only let his friends do the job. This didn't sit well with Hermione.

"We all want the same thing here, Malfoy." Fred told him and Draco audibly laughed.

"I think I know what you want, Weaslebee." He snickered, stepping away from Pansy and approaching Fred. "It must be hard, all the progress you were making with her, only for her to convince them to bring me back here." Fred narrowed his eyes at him, trying not to show he was intimidated. But Draco Malfoy was always intimidating. Especially when it came to Dru. "Tell me, did it hurt your head or your heart more when she knocked you unconscious just to get to me?"

Fred's hand grasped onto the wand up his sleeve, itching to do some damage to the Malfoy son, when suddenly, behind Pansy, the door clicked open, and Theo and Blaise walked out, causing them all to look in their direction.

"She needs a break." Theo told them, in a quick breath. Draco, grabbing the water from Fred with a quick side eye, entered in to see Dru crouched against the wall with her head rested on her arms. He sat before her, setting the water on the floor next to them. He then reached out, placing his hand on her head and she flinched back, staring at him while her whole body shook from terror.

"It's alright. It's just me." He assured her. "You need to drink." He lifted the water up to her and she shook her head. "Are you remembering anything, love?" He asked and she flinched, shaking her head again. "Alright, well you need some water in your system. You can't keep refusing it." He insisted, handing it to her. Shakily, she took the glass, downing the whole drink in a mere few seconds. She looked at him for a moment. "Good girl." He said, with a smile, but she froze. Her body began to shake again and she let out a cough, turning to the side. Chills ran up her spine, as goosebumps covered her arms. Her coughing soon turned into vomiting, and this time, blood was coming up as well. Draco's body tensed seeing this, as he held her hair back until she was done, and then hurriedly, draped her arm over his neck and picked her up. Rushing out of the room, Fred, Pansy, Blaise and Theo followed after, in a panic.

"What's happened?" Pansy asked.

"She's vomiting blood. She's done. She's not doing this anymore." Draco said, sternly.

"Draco, she insisted—," Theo tried to say.

"I don't care! She's killing herself to remember things that really aren't of importance right now!" He shouted at all of them, hurrying to the medical room. Susan Bones, the healer of the PA, sat in a chair and quickly sprang up to her feet when she saw the girl in Draco's arms. He laid her down on the bed and Susan immediately rushed to her side.

"What's happened?" She asked.

"She's been sick. This has gone too far." He told her, shaking his head, while still holding onto her hand, as she was practically unconscious.

"When did she have water last?"

"She just did but that's what induced the vomiting." He told her, as she quickly took her vitals with her wand.

"Alright. I'll take care of it. You lot need to leave and go wait in the living room. I need to get her undressed." Susan insisted, but Draco remained.

"Why?" He was taken back.

"Bloody hell, Malfoy. Stop being a jealous prat, and let me do my goddamn job!" She shouted at him, and he nodded, hesitating before walking out.

Sitting in the living room was unpleasant, to say the least. Fred, eyed Draco carefully, while a few other PA members watched all four of them from afar. None of them trusted the death eaters who infiltrated their safe house. For the past two days, it had been an uncomfortable environment for everyone there. A few of the members even chose to leave to a different base just to avoid seeing the very people who have had a hand in murdering their friends. But this was the life they had to endure right now. And if sacrificing peoples comfort, for a possible chance and ending this war was what they had to do, so be it. Hermione had promised them safety, and as long as Dru was around, she held faith that her members would in fact, be safe. "Why would you let them here?" A familiar voice shouted from the hallway.

"Ron, please calm down." Hermione's voice begged in response.

"I thought you were bright, 'mione, but bringing them here is jeopardizing everyones safety! Bloody hell, I leave for a few days and return to this?" Ron shouted, before entering into the living room and seeing the three men seated on the sofa, with Pansy on the floor in front of them. Ron lifted his wand and charged at Draco, who now had stood up, preparing for whatever was next. "You should be dead." Ron sneered.

"Pleasure to see you too, lad." Malfoy snickered. "What do you think you're going to do with that? Make me vomit slugs?" Ron was shaking with anger, as he lowered his wand and Draco laughed to himself. But then, Ron turned, punching him square in the nose. Blaise and Theo jumped up in Draco's defense, but Draco extended his arm out, halting them while Hermione hurried to Ron's side, pulling him back.

"You're lucky this time, Malfoy. One foot out of line, and I'll kill you myself." Ron shouted at him, as Hermione pulled him away and out of the room. Pansy stood up, checking Draco's face and wiping the blood with her sleeve.

"Well, Weasley's grown a nice pair on him, hasn't he?" She commented. "You alright, Draco?"

"I'm fine." He stated, plopping back down on the couch and resting his head on his hand. He desperately wanted to get out of here and away from all of them. But these were the circumstances now, and it sucked for everyone involved.