THIRTY FIVE

another war brewing

Six days. It had been six days and Dru had hardly spoken to Draco since that night. It was occasional small talk here and there. Awkward meals, weird accidental run ins with one another. He had tried to converse with her a countless amount of times, but she just needed her space. It was all still just too fresh in her mind. Granted, she knew he was trying to be a better person, she was mostly just shaken up. And as the days grew longer, she desperately wished she could remember her past with him so she could see what she fell in love with in the first place. She was just now finally coming to terms with her frightening reality. And it was terrifying.

Her powers and abilities have been progressing, and she's quickly catching onto the fact that she needs to channel her emotions into magic. Anger seemed to be the one thing that worked most. Sadness and even happy memories helped, but when your whole life has been fabricated, happy "memories" don't really work when they aren't even real memories in the first place.

Fred leaned against one of the pine trees outside, as Dru stood ahead of her, focusing her anger into a ball of light floating above her. She moved it side to side and then turned, throwing it to the tree beside him, causing it to collapse to the ground. Dropping the apple he had been eating, he stared at her in a sort of shock. "Sorry!" She called out embarrassed with herself.

"Don't be! That was brilliant, actually." He approached her as she smiled, feeling a tiny bit of pride for how far she was coming along.

"How're you feeling, Freddie?" She asked him, and his smile faded.

"Just, trying to forget it. Days are usually fine, but it's night I fear."

"Nightmares still bad?" Dru asked, feeling sympathy for him. All of these people had been through so much in their short lives, and she had no idea what they were feeling.

"Yeah. You know, sometimes, when I'm dreaming of, uh, what happened that night. It's not Dean below me." He paused for a moment, trying to find his words. "George is. Almost like my mind has made it that I'm the reason he died in the first place so it's just merging the two together." He confided, stifling his tears and glancing to the clearing on his right.

"Jesus, Fred, that's dark. I'm so sorry."

"Ah, don't be." He sighed, collecting himself, trying to move on from the subject now. "It'll all be fine when we kick Moldy Voldy's ugly arse." He smirked, placing his arm around her shoulder. She glanced at it briefly, and even though she didn't exactly want his arm around her shoulder, she knew he needed comfort, and she'd be happy to help in any little ways she could.

"The nightmares are rough. I used to get them every night after what happened with me." She stopped, realizing she spoke to much on a situation he had no idea of. "Just know, even though I haven't been through the same, I once experienced a trauma that caused me to suffer."

"How did you get through it?" He asked, not even bothering to pry to much because that wasn't his business.

"I didn't. It just get's easier to manage." She shrugged, with a sigh. There was a silence briefly before he diverted the subject.

"You and Draco?"

"I'm still kinda giving him the silent treatment, I guess." Dru sighed. "I feel kind of bad, but I just need to focus on my magic right now. And I don't particularly take well to being called names." She shrugged as they walked into the safe house.

"Well, taking into account of your past with him, I don't blame you." He told her. "I'd have slapped him too. Honestly, you should have just knocked him out. You're pretty good at that."