THREE.2

love potions explosions

Morning. Ophelia's least favorite time of day now. She used to love the mornings, as it was the beginning of each day, but something about being at Hogwarts this year just felt— off. And she just wanted to sleep in. But instead, she found herself half asleep standing in Slughorn's potions class smooshed in between her friends. She always liked potions, as her mother was quite fond of them and tried to teach her the simple stuff. But, school was becoming more of a chore than a fun time these days.

"That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum." Hermione began explaining the different potions as the class watched.

"Maybe you could slip Draco some of that so he can finally tell you the truth." Pansy whispered to Ophelia who just simply rolled her eyes.

"And this one here is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." Hermione continued on in the background as Ophelia paid no attention, looking back to Pansy.

"You know, that's actually not too bad of an idea. Then he can explain why he's been such a pain in the arse lately." Ophelia finally spoke back, completely uninterested in the class topics.

"Knowing him he'd still somehow manage to lie, considering he's so bloody good at it."

"Knowing him he'd probably just switch our glasses and I'd be the one under the potion instead." Ophelia snickered before Slughorn let out an attention-grabbing cough.

"Miss Pierce!" He said, in a chipper tone as she looked to him, wide eyed. "Would you care to tell us what you smell?" Ophelia hated being put on the spot, especially when she had no idea what she was going to be smelling or what the potion even was considering she had been too preoccupied conversing with Pansy.

"Um, yeah, alright." She stifled out, walking toward the cauldron. She glanced up at her professor as the fumes made their way into her nostrils. "I uh, I smell a sort of strong cologne I—I think. And, um, firewhisky and lavender, sir." Pansy's eyes widened as Ophelia went back to her place beside her. Pansy knew the story of the lavender Draco had once picked for her. And she knew how Draco's breath would often smell of firewhisky. And everyone in that room knew he always had a hint of cologne to him. It was obvious. And Ophelia was mortified.

"Why didn't you lie?" Pansy asked her through clenched teeth, feeling the second-hand embarrassment.

"I didn't know what potion it was because you kept talking over Granger!" Ophelia snapped back, eyeing Draco who had quickly diverted his eyes away from her.

"And this little curious potion, is known as Felix Felicis. More commonly known as liquid luck." Slughorn held up a small vile in view of all of them. "One sip, and you shall find that all of your endeavors succeed." They all stared at the potion, knowing it could come in handy for each of them. "So one tiny vial of liquid luck to whoever manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death within the next hour. Good luck!" He said cheerfully, as they all took there places amongst the dispersed tables in the room. Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Ophelia and Draco all found themselves a table and began working immediately. Theo was finding it hard to take this seriously, as he could care less, so goofing off was his way to pass the time.

"Blaise, could you hand me a sopophorous bean?" Ophelia asked him. He nodded, beginning to reach for one, when Theo reached his hand over the table, dropping something in.

"It's okay, I had an extra." Theo claimed, knowing he wasn't even going to work on this potion so he didn't even need his supplies. Ophelia went back to stirring when bubbles began to form rather quickly.