THIRTY NINE

so this is christmas, and what have you done?

"Focus. You need to tap into the side of your mind that is dark. Put all that pent up anger into the palms of your hands and let it release." The voice demanded, but all that was seen was a dark, blurry figure behind her.

"I can't!" She exclaimed, angrily slamming her fists to the wooden table which now heated up.

"You are right now, Ophelia! You need to take control of your own anger and let it release through your hands. If you don't, you could hurt others. Do you want that?" He asked, in a cold tone. "Do you want to bare witness to your friends and family dead from your own accord? Are you that mentally incompetent?" He continued to egg her on as she gritted her teeth and let out a loud yell, while all the objects in the room fell to the floor in a clatter. "Good! Good!" He shouted at her. "You've actually done something now!" It seemed condescending, but in all actuality, he needed to get this rise out of her.

"Bloody hell, Professor, could I get to bed please?" She asked, dropping to the floor. "I'm tired."

"You're not done yet. And we'll be here all night if you keep up with this attitude."

"Dru?" The voice asked, waking her from her slumber. "Drusilla!" The sing-songy tone rang in her ears. "Wake the fuck up!" Her eyes shot open as she was face to face with Pansy.

"Christ, Pans, I'm tired." Dru pulled a pillow over her head.

"Too tired for your favorite day of the year?" Pansy mocked. It took Dru a moment before she realized what day Pansy was talking about.

"It's Christmas?" Dru shot up, now excited, but also confused as to how she didn't realize what day it was.

"You bet your arse it is. It's good to know Christmas is still your favorite holiday." She smirked, pulling Dru to her feet. "I got you something." She smirked.

"Why? If you know me, then you know I hate gifts." Dru scolded her.

"Very true, but this year is different. Plus, it's something you could use." She pushed the poorly wrapped present towards her friend even more. "Open it!" She demanded.

"Shouldn't I wait 'til we're all together?" Dru asked, nervously. She really hated getting gifts. She loved more than anything giving people them, but she hadn't even realized what day it was and she truly didn't expect people to buy things for others on Christmas during times like this. She felt awful for it.

"Absolutely not." Pansy cocked her head go the left and rolled her eyes at her. Dru sighed, taking the gift and beginning to unwrap it. Almost immediately she saw the silver and green colors before her eyes and she lifted up the first piece, seeing that it was a pajama set. A Slytherin pajama set. "I had extras." Pansy beamed. "While you were at Andromeda's, I made a quick trip home to grab a pair. You used to have one yourself, but obviously it's been a while, so I figured this would make a perfect gift. Now you can look the part of your true self." Pansy smirked, seating herself beside her.

"These are so cute!" Dru exclaimed, lifting both the button up shirt which was embroidered with a Slytherin emblem on the pocket, and the pants, in the air.

"Hogwarts provided them for all of us, and we always had three pairs on hand." Pansy continued on. Dru smiled at her while she sat on the bed, and proceeded to bend down, reaching her arms around her friends neck in a tight hug

"Thank you!" She whispered to her, happily. Quickly, she rushed to the bathroom, throwing her shirt off and pulling on the button up Slytherin shirt, and then continued on with the pants. She glanced at herself in the mirror, happily. She may not feel like she had been at Hogwarts, but this felt comfortable. She felt she finally looked the part and had a sense of belonging. Even if it was something so simple as pajamas.