FOURTEEN

tortured souls

It didn't take long for Pansy to figure out who Dru's ex boyfriend was, as she still had his contact information in her dresser at her apartment. Pansy knew what she needed to do, and she was just glad Dru's apartment held all her secrets within it. "Christ, Pans, can you take any longer?" A voice called out from Dru's living room. Pansy emerged, holding a contact card with the mans name and address on it. Draco, who was looking at all the picture frames of Dru and her friends on her wall, was too busy wondering how anyone could hurt someone so kind as her.

"You wanna snoop through her shit, Theodore? Then be my guest." Pansy snapped back. "Besides, I'm pretty sure I found it." She waved the card at them. Blaise snatched it from her and quickly scanned it.

"Joseph Foster." He read aloud. This caught Draco's attention. "And you know this is him, how?"

"Did you forget I'm a master of figuring things out." Pansy rolled her eyes. "Jesus, Zabini, I know we're in the muggle world but did you forget we're literally magical?" Blaise rolled his eyes now in return, scoffing at her. "Now grab my hands." She demanded, and the four of them latched arms before apparating inside Josephs apartment. Unlucky for them, he wasn't home. But the good news, they were now surrounded by all of what he owns.

"Bloody hell, this knobs a slob." Theo gasped, looking at all the trash and clothes dispersed across his cluttered floor. Pansy ignored the comment, making her way around the place to find any image of what he looked like.

"Pans," Draco spoke, and she turned to him seeing him holding up a picture frame of an older woman and a man in his twenties. This had to be him.

"Bingo." She smirked and reached down picking up one of his shirts. "Why are you touching that?" Theo shouted.

"Because I'm going to track him, dipshit." She pulled out her wand and pointed it at the article of clothing. "Avenseguim." She muttered. Suddenly, the shirt began vibrating, as if it were trying to lead them somewhere. "Alright, grab my arms again." She demanded.

"Shit, again? I feel sick from all this." Theo groaned. Pansy shot him a death glare.

"Fine. You and Blaise stay here. Draco and I will find him. Be prepared for when we return." She was putting herself in charge, because quite honestly, Draco was too angry to speak. The two of them disapparated from the apartment and the shirt led the way. They landed in the alleyway of some bar just down the block. Pansy, feeling confident, handed the shirt to Draco, pulling her own shirt down to reveal her chest a little more. Draco cringed. "You stay here, I'll be back in a minute." She winked. And Draco obliged.

Pansy walked into the bar with not a single care and all her confidence radiating off her. She scanned the room briefly, before locking her eyes on a seated figure at the bar. Joseph. Taking in a deep breath, she headed toward him, seating herself just a seat away on the neighboring stool. "Buy a girl a drink?" She asked, casually when he turned to her.

"Absolutely." He smiled.

Draco stood, leaned against the wall with a cigarette between his lips, and eyes closed. He was trying his hardest to relax. So much was running through his mind. The death eaters business, their underground business, his stress over his life and how he can save as many innocent people from dying as possible, and now Dru. God, he wanted to save her but how could he when he can't even save himself? His mind was a chaotic mess of despair. "Hey! Earth to Draco!" A voice interrupted his own pity party and he looked over to see Pansy holding onto a man who appeared drunk, but definitely was not. "Let's go!" She demanded. "Before this charm wears off."

"What'd you use on him?" He asked, approaching her.

"I just slipped him this concoction I put together a few hours ago. Not important. Now grab on!" She shouted in a hushed tone and he obliged. Then the two were brought back to Josephs apartment.

When Joseph regained consciousness, it didn't take long for him to realize he was tied to a chair in the center of his apartment's living room. He began to shout, and Pansy stepped forward in front of him. "No one can hear you, mate." Theo's voice spoke with menace. "That silencing charm is a handy little spell." Blaise smirked at this. Draco stood in the corner, waiting for their taunting to be over with so he could just get this all over with and kill the bastard.

"You know why you're here, Joseph?" Pansy asked, crouching before him. Joseph began to cry, shaking his head confused. "Because you're a shit person, Joseph." She sneered, pulling the switch blade she had in her leather jacket pocket and pointing it at his throat. She dug it in a little at his jugular. Not enough to kill him, just enough to scare him a little.

"Come on, Pans, just get it over with." Blaise spoke.

"No. No, he deserves to suffer. After what this fuck did to our friend, he deserves no easy way out." She spat, staring Joseph down with murder on her mind.

"What- what are you talking about?" The man begged in question, confused.

"Oh, you want to play the innocent act? That's fine. We can do that." Pansy took a handful of his hair and yanked, ripping it out at the root. He let out a blood curdling scream.

"What do you people want from me?" He cried. Pansy was even more irritated now.

"I don't know what Dru ever saw in this guy, honestly." Theo scoffed as Pansy hissed at him to shut up.

"Wait, Dru? Dru Scott?" Joseph asked through his cries. "You're doing all this for Dru?" He now let out a laugh. The kind of laugh you give when you're confused but it all finally clicks. "I haven't spoke to Dru in years! Believe me, I could give less of a fuck about that bitch!" He tried to bargain. "Trust me, she's not worth any of this!" Draco was enraged. Practically shaking with anger and hatred for this man he had never known about before today. Attempting to fight off his rage, he just couldn't do it anymore. Lunging forward, he pulled his wand from his jacket pocket and aimed it directly into Joseph's face. Pansy had moved aside, standing herself up and watching eagerly. Joseph had no idea what it was that Draco would do with whatever stick he was holding, but he was still terrified. "If you're her new boyfriend or something, you can just keep her! You don't have to worry about me at all. Like I said, it's been years!"

"What did you do to her?" Draco demanded. Blaise, Theo and Pansy stood back, letting Draco take full control. This was his battle to win.

"I didn't do anything, man! Please!" He begged.

"What did you do to her!" Draco now screamed. His face was red with revenge and his palms were sweating. He just wanted to hear him admit it.

"I hurt her, okay? Is that what you want to hear?" Joseph screamed back, hoping this would save him. Draco, collecting himself and calming down, crouched in front of him, leveling just inches away from his face.

"You raped her and you beat her." Draco said with that calm tone Pansy had always been fearful of.

"Man-," the man tried to beg some more, but Draco wasn't having it.

"Crucio!" He let out and Joseph's body tensed, falling backwards in the chair he was tied to. Draco himself, had been under the cruciatus curse a handful of times, so he knew the pain this man was enduring, was unimaginable for a muggle. "Crucio!" He shouted again, watching the mans body flail around like a fish out of water. His screams were like the sound of music to Draco's ears. He hated to admit it, but he found a sense of fun in torture. And then he sent another, and another and another. Until the man was completely out of his mind. "Cruci-,"

"Draco!" Blaise's voice emerged through the screams and his hand gripped Draco's shoulder tightly in comfort. Draco looked to him, and narrowed his eyes. "Just get it over with, mate." Blaise muttered. Draco gave a subtle nod, before looking back to the tortured boy.

"Avada Kedavra." He stated, and a beam of light left the tip of his wand, killing Joseph.