THIRTY SIX

shimmy shimmy ya

Draco sat at the dining room table, leaning forward on his elbows. Tomorrow, him and the others would be going to Voldemort's meeting. His mind was racing. The only reason Hermione trusted them enough to leave, was due to their risk in saving Fred's life. She had to take this leap of faith, but seeing how they took care of Dru and clearly loved her, she knew they wouldn't betray her. Even if she didn't fully trust them, as long as Dru was here, they'd stick to their word.

"You gonna have a drink?" Dru asked, as Draco leaned back and wrapped his arm around her waist while she sat on his lap. She handed him a cup of gigglewater. They had all been drinking and mingling for a little while, and when Luna brought out her own formulated gigglewater, it grew more fun. They deserved a night to be free and happy. To just forget the mess that was brewing ahead. He was hesitant to drink, because he knew what was to come, but Dru's eager smile caused him to take a quick sip. "It's fun! I've never, hic! had anything quite like this before!" Her hiccups were beginning and he leaned forward to her.

"Actually, you have." He smirked. "How much have you had to drink?" He laughed a little at her. Dru lifted up her hand, hiccuping again, and then held up 2 fingers, which turned to 4. She then made a puzzling look at her hand before cocking her head to the side. "Okay, a lot." Draco pulled her hand back down. He glanced around the room, peering into the living room where Pansy had been drunkenly dancing to whatever awful music had been playing off the stereo. Blaise was even enjoying himself and smiling more than usual, which was disturbing for Draco.

Theo had been talking to one of the PA members, causing a little bit of surprise, but Theo could talk to anyone, as long as he got something out of it.
Hermione and Ron were sitting on the sofa comfortably, with her head on his shoulder. And then there was Fred, standing amongst some other PA members, watching Dru casually. Draco tensed at this, slightly pulling her into him as she nuzzled her head into his neck. "Dance with me?" She asked with a giggle.

"I don't dance." He told her, drinking some more.

"Why not?" She asked him.

"I just don't." He confirmed. This had been a minor lie, as he did dance with her at the yule ball. But that was the one of just a few times, that had ever happened, and he doesn't enjoy doing so. Dru let out a giggly groan as she stood up from his lap and made her way to the living room. Fred smiled at her, approaching eagerly. Blaise had seated himself beside Draco at the table and leaned forward.

"You feeling alright, mate?" He asked him. Draco looked to him, noticing the slight smile on his lips. Everyone around him was drunk.

"Fine, thanks." He responded callously.

"You know, it doesn't hurt to just let go of everything and drink." Blaise took a sip, pushing aside all his thoughts. Blaise was always a practical man. Even as a boy, he was solemn, quite, and oddly polite. It was a shock to everyone in the PA when they discovered that Blaise was actually the one they referred to as The Butcher.

The tales of the butcher were terrifying. He had extensive knowledge in torture and dismemberment. And from an outsiders point of view, he had enjoyed it. But truthfully, Blaise hated that side of him. He had a tendency to separate his two personas and ignore the darkness Voldemort had created within him. His skills with cutting up bodies and disposing of them were so precise, that he had become a key member for the Death Eaters. But all that blood and carnage only took a toll on him and he knew there was no happiness within this life. It was a shock to him when the PA actually allowed him to stay with them, but everyone kept their distance. He pretended not to notice the uncomfortable glares and whispers when he walked through the hall, but it was troubling. He was what the boogie man should be. He was the nightmare that lived under your bed and the monster in your closet. But in his mind, he was still just Blaise— another boy with no choice and a child who had to grow up too young, and become something he never wanted to be.