THIRTY THREE

a shitty plan for a shitty situation

The loud shouting and cheering sounded muffled in Dru's ears. She couldn't focus on anything, except hoping Fred would be okay. But the only way he would be okay was if he killed Dean. She was unsure if she wanted that to be the outcome, and it made her feel guilty. Because no matter what, someone was dying tonight. And she had to pick her choice on who she wanted to be that winner.

Draco looked at her briefly, knowing she was torturing herself inside. He was thankful she didn't know how to use her powers fully, or else he knew she'd have by now and they'd all be fucked. As much as he didn't care for the Weasley boy, he didn't want him dead. He was tired of all this death consuming his life. And in an unusual way, he was thankful for Fred's friendship with Dru. He had helped her when Draco couldn't be there to do so himself. Staring back at the pit, he watched as Fred backed away from Dean, who had already made up his mind on what he had to do. It was clear Dean had won one of these fights before and he was determined to win another. The shouting of Draco's fellow death eaters was ringing in his ears. He just wanted this to end, and quite honestly, he wanted Fred to just quickly get it over with and kill Dean so they could proceed with getting him the hell out of here.

"I've had a tough couple of weeks, Freddie." Dean muttered to Fred, with his hands raised, ready to attack at any moment. "I can't die in here, mate." Tears began to stream down his face. Fred couldn't process anything Dean was saying to him, entirely. All he knew, was he had to survive. George would have wanted him to survive, his parents would have wanted him to survive, and Ginny and Ron absolutely want him to survive. "I'm sorry about this, Fred. Truly." Dean suddenly lunged forward, tackling Fred to the ground. Laying in punch after punch, Dru was on the edge of her chair, nervously hoping Fred would fight back. Fred simply covered his face, protecting himself from the blows to the best of his ability. Dru felt her body shake with anticipation and nerves as she sat up, with full terror in her eyes.

"Defend yourself!" Dru's voice suddenly rang out, and Draco's eyes shot into her like daggers. Thankfully, the death eaters were drunk, and too excited for the fight to even notice she had done that. The few who did, laughed, finding it amusing that a broad like her was 'into' the fight. And Fred had peered over at her through the crowd. His heart skipped a beat, briefly, when he realized who it was in attendance. He couldn't let her see him die. He knew that much now and he had to stick this one out. Even if it was too hard to do.

Shoving Dean aside and off of him, he switched positions, straddling Dean's abdomen and laying into him as if he hadn't grown up with the kid. He knew it'd be best to imagine it were someone else. Someone he hated. That was easy when he was in a room full of people he despised. Dean's face slowly morphed into Augustus Rookwood. The reason his brother had died. He no longer remembered that Dean was the boy below him, rather it was the very person he loathed more than anyone. His fists kept slamming into Dean's face, over and over, with hard cracking sounds each time. Dru couldn't help but flinch at the sight of the blood spewing outward. Fred had been drenched in it. But honestly, she preferred blood on him, rather than pouring out of him.

By the time Fred was pulled from Dean's mangled body, he had completely blacked out. And Dru had to divert her eyes subtly away from the view of Deans caved in skull. She knew, that even if they, by a stroke of luck, did get Fred safely out of here, he may never be the same. War does that to people, but killing someone with your own two hands when you didn't have a choice, is something else entirely.

Dru watched Fred get dragged away, and her fists clenched tightly onto the bottom of her dress. "They're taking him to the holding cells." Blaise whispered to them. "By the looks of where he was just taken through, it's in the dungeons." Draco and Blaise had been to the dungeons here only a handful of times in the past. Mostly for interrogation purposes and always with Voldemort. "There's a back entrance. It's a circular metal cellar door on the left side of the manor. We could probably get to it before we leave." He informed them once again. But Dru knew she had to get to him, and she had to do it alone. Too many people at once would be distracting, and even though she was beautiful, these men were more focused on their dates, their alcohol, and the fights. If any time were the time, it was now.