NINETEEN

and the truth is revealed

Draco stared upward at his childhood home. The Malfoy Manor. He always dreaded returning home. Especially under these circumstances. He had no desire to see his father, but being that it was his mothers funeral not too long ago, he had no choice. He never had a choice in this life.

The large wide doors opened and Draco entered alone. His footsteps echoed off the walls of the foyer as he took a quick glance around. He hadn't been home in quite some time, but it still remained exactly the same. Untouched by the grace of gods and everything looked as though his mother would be entering from the dining hall to great him home.

"Master Malfoy awaits you in his chambers." A voice squeaked up at him and he peered down to the small elf.

"Thank you, Weezey." He responded, walking himself up the staircase. Weezey stumbled after him, sneezing a few times in the distance. "I know the way." He stopped walking and turned to say to her.

"Master Malfoy insists I escort all guests when in the manor." Draco scoffed at this. Of course his father wouldn't trust him in their family home. As if this manor wouldn't become Draco's the second Lucius drops dead.

"Very well." Draco turned, continuing down the hall. As he approached the dim lit room, he caught a quick glance of his father in his bed, scolding the caretaker at his bedside. Creaking the door open, Lucius's gaze snapped in Draco's direction.

"Leave us." He said coldly to the poor, worn out woman. She bowed her head, hurrying past Draco and out. "Draco, to what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" He asked with a cough following. Draco stepped forward toward him, with Weezey just behind him in the doorway.

"I couldn't help but notice you weren't in attendance at mothers service, father." He was angry. But he wanted an answer before he'd speak his mind. Lucius sneered.

"Please, Draco, no use in attending a funeral for someone I've spent my whole life with." He scoffed.

"That seems to appear as more of a reason to go." Draco snapped, trying to tell himself not to reach over and strangle him.

"Your mother would understand," his eyes glanced over at the portrait of her, which had been moved to the wall to the left of him, "believe me, she would."

"It was the least you could do, father. Everyone who loved her was in attendance."

"Your aunt Bellatrix?" Lucius knew more than anyone that Bellatrix was in fact, not there. "Or how about Andromeda? Did she finally show her face or is she still cowering away in the shadows?" Lucius's lips curled into a condescending smirk.

"You know more than anyone that Bellatrix was not one who loved her. And Andromeda has her reasons. More valid ones than yours." Draco scoffed at him. Lucius was shaking with rage, as he pried the sheet from his lap, whipping it off him, revealing his missing appendages. Both legs, nonexistent.

"You think I want my former colleagues to have something more to laugh about?" Lucius shouted at his son, who couldn't look at him. "Please, they've had enough time making a mockery of our family name because of this. And now that you've managed to let yourself fall off and get shipped across the world to live amongst muggles, it's a travesty."

"I'll have you know, I was sent to America because I was trusted to go alone."

"You were sent to America so you wouldn't keep making a fool out of yourself amongst everyone!" Lucius shouted again. Draco was at a loss. He felt like a child all over again, slipping into that feeling he once always had. That dread of being around him. Father always disappointed, and even despite everything he's done, everyone he had to kill to rank up, it was still never enough. "Now why are you here?" Draco had no response. His main reason was to confront Lucius. But he couldn't do it now, as he always had an excuse for everything.