THREE

first dates are the worst

Dru walked down the long hall, past the paintings to her left, as she approached her boss, Bianca Tommens, who impatiently spoke with one of the museum board members. Holding the clip board in her arms tightly, Dru inched herself closer, noticing her boss eyeing her with a dirty glare, before looking back to the man and continuing on with her conversation. Once it ended, she looked to Dru, impatiently. "What is it?" She asked, with irritation radiating off of her, and beginning to walk as Dru quickly tried to catch up with her quickened pace.

"Alice Iris called. She wanted me to inform you that she had to move your luncheon from Tuesday, to Thursday."

"Did she say why?" She asked, more agitated, as if it were Dru's fault.

"Her husband was moved to Hospice, so she needs to meet with some of the doctors about his care." Dru informed, trying to keep her tone kind, as she knew Bianca held a strong distaste for her. But the head of the museum hired her directly for her work ethic, and positive attitude, and Bianca had no say. So she resented Dru for it.

"Of course. Always some sort of inconvenience." Bianca muttered, rolling her eyes, as they turned down a corridor and into the new ancient Egypt exhibit. "I expect you've rearranged my schedule, or have you yet to do it?" Bianca snapped at her.

"I have. I was able to move your meeting with Michael Jacobs from Thursday to Tuesday instead." Dru confirmed.

"Alright." Bianca said hastily, slightly disappointed that Dru was on top of her game. She just hoped for one fuck up, and quickly she'd fire the young girl on the spot. But she was seemingly perfect. Bianca looked down to the notepad in her own hands now. "That'll be all, Drusilla, thank you." She hummed, not removing her eyes from the paper. Dru nodded, cringing slightly at the sound of her full name, and walked out of the room.

Finding her way to the back entrance, she stood patiently waiting for her friend. The only highlight of working at the museum, was she made a good friend here, and it made the days a little more tolerable. "Done with boss bitch Bianca?" The voice asked, and she turned to see Calista walking toward her.

"Shh! I don't need someone overhearing and getting me in trouble. I swear she's looking for an excuse to can me." Dru quieted her, as the two linked arms, and walked out of the museum and onto the sidewalk.

"Oh, please, I'm the one who said it and it's not like she's my boss, I just hand out the tickets." Calista rolled her eyes, playfully, as the girls continued on, with the hectic sounds of honking and yelling ringing in their ears. "So, did you find yourself a date yet?" She proceeded to ask, causing Dru to sigh heavily.

"Seriously? Ziggy told you about that?" She asked, feeling like her privacy had been invaded.

"Of course he did! He's excited, and you should be too!" She nudged her friend as they turned down the block. "So have you?"

"Okay, fine. Yes, I did." She muttered, not all too thrilled with her date of choice. No doubt, he was a handsome guy, but she didn't know him well. He had asked her out before about two months ago, as he's a regular at the museum, considering his father has a whole wing named after him due to his charitable donations. But she had no interest in dating, even if she was trying her hardest to.

"Oh, by all means, spare me the details." Calista rolled her eyes, with sarcasm.

"It's actually, uh, Brian. Brian Covack." She whispered, as Calista's eyes lit up enthusiastically. "Don't start! I know what you're thinking already-,"

"He's totally loaded!"

"No, correction, his father is totally loaded, he's just a trust fund kid, and honestly, seems a bit full of himself."