TWENTY FIVE

lies, lies, lies

"Fred, I really can't figure it out and I'm exhausted." Dru groaned, setting the wand down.

"Where's your mind at?" He asked, walking toward her through the grass.

"In my head?" She shrugged, not wanting to do this. He cocked his head to the side and rose a brow with a smirk. "Fine, I'm thinking about Draco, okay? You caught me, cheers!" She rolled her eyes.

"You need to get him out of your thoughts, Dru! You have to focus!" He dropped his arms to his sides, feeling a sense of hopelessness.

"I know! But how am I supposed to do that? I mean he's all I can think about." She shrugged, picking the wand back up and staring off at the test dummy ahead of her.

"Wow, I'm hurt?" Fred faked himself being upset before laughing and walking to her, scrunching up her hair. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked her.

"Not exactly. Still just feels like some sort of fever dream. Something I can't wake up from." She told him, as he stared down at her with a half smile.

"I'm sure." He nodded. "It wont always be this difficult. With time, comes healing. And you'll get there. Why don't you go inside and get some water? You could use it."

"Yes, sir." She saluted, heading in. It was nice having freedom now. Fred somehow managed to convince Hermione to cut her loose a little, and Hermione for some reason agreed. This gave Dru more of an opportunity to grow and feel like an actual person rather than a prisoner. She still was reluctant to trust many of the people there, but Fred was the kindest. It just came easy for her to put her faith in him. Maybe he was faking it all just to get her on their side, but she was genuinely convinced he cared about her. And she appreciated that.

As she walked to the sink, pouring herself a glass of water, she sat for a moment against the counter, when the whispers from the living room caught her attention. Deciding to be nosey, she inched toward the wall which created a nice barrier of separation. "I tried to question him. All he cares about is finding Ophelia." The voice spoke softly, but sounded annoyed. Dru's interest was even more intense now.

"Does he know we have her?" Hermione's voice asked, hushed and sounding stressed.

"Yes. And he swears to kill all of us if we don't give her to him. As if he's in the position to make idle threats." The girl snickered. Dru could sense the eye roll the stranger clearly did. "He's being difficult, and his friends wont answer any questions either. Zabini actually took a bite out of Pelle's hand when he was giving him water." Zabini, Dru thought to herself, that was Blaise. Her suspicion had been answered.

"Keep them detained. I'll handle it. Malfoy's not going near her, that I'm sure of.he's hurt enough people and he doesn't need to drag her down with him like before." Hermione claimed and Dru stepped forward, noticing the strange girl beside her.

"You have Draco?" She asked.

"Dru, please, not now." Hermione halted her.

"No, you have Draco. Take me to him, now." She demanded.

"Dru, you're not in a right state of mind, okay? We need you to focus on getting your powers back." Hermione continued, as the red haired girl beside her, stared at Dru in surprise.

"Dru, right?" The woman asked. "I'm Ginny. Ginny Weasley."

"I could care less about who you are. I need to see him." Dru didn't even bother giving her a second glance.

"I've been the one talking with Malfoy. I assure you, he's fine." Ginny insisted, in an attempt to just calm Dru down.

"I don't care. He's obviously not fine if he's in your hands." Dru snapped once again. She hadn't noticed this, but two PA members were approaching behind her, wands at the ready. "If you don't take me to him, I will leave. I don't care about your stupid magic or your war. I need to talk to him." Dru tried her hardest to convince Hermione, but it wasn't going over well. Hermione eyed the two members creeping beside Dru and gave a subtle nod, and suddenly, Dru found herself falling to the ground, vision going black.