TWENTY SIX

dru's got an agenda

Dru sat on the bed across from Fred, holding a bag of ice on his forehead. "I'm so sorry about this." She sighed, apologizing for probably the hundredth time. "I don't even know what happened." He eyed her, not being able to give her the answers she so desperately craved.

"It's alright, I promise." He told her with a smile.

"Say, can't you just like, use some spell and heal the bump on your head?" She questioned.

"I could. But then you wouldn't be here mending my wounds, now would you?" He laughed, finally getting a smile out of her. It grew quiet, and he could tell exactly where her thoughts were. "You're seeing Malfoy today, right?" He asked, wishing she wouldn't.

"Hermione's agreed to take me. I'm just waiting on her to tell me when." Dru was eager to see him, and Fred noticed that.

"Just, be safe, okay? I know you have this thing with him, but please try to keep in mind all that we've said." He begged her, placing his hand on top of hers. She looked at it, realizing he was hurt that she could want to see someone who has actively killed many people, including their friends.

"I know. I just want some answers." She somewhat lied. Yes, she wanted answers, but she also just really wanted to see him again. Make sure he was alright. And maybe somehow get him out, but that seemed unrealistic. Highly trained witches and wizards against one girl who couldn't even float a feather? It was an unattainable goal, to say the least.

"Well, I'll see you when you get back." He smiled at her, she smiled back.

"Dru," a voice interrupted them, and Dru's attention shifted to Hermione in the doorway, "you ready?" She asked, hesitantly. Hermione was nervous, and she wasn't very good at hiding it. Dru looked to Fred with a smile and then stood up with a nod.

"See ya, Fred." She said to him and he gave a wave. Hermione and her began to walk out. Hermione was not looking forward to this whole endeavor, whatsoever. Ron hadn't been around, as he was at one of their other bases doing his monthly duties of ensuring everything was in order. She knew that had he been here, he would have put a stop to this whole thing immediately. She briefly thought back to the child Ron once was and how innocent he seemed. He, along with his sister, had become very cold and distant people now. Fred was the only one who remained somewhat the same, but the loss the Weasley siblings had experienced, took a harsh toll on them all. And now, Ron was the stern one who brought her back down to reality. Her optimism was often squashed by his realistic thinking.

"Okay, so when we arrive, keep quiet until we are indoors. Once we get inside, try not to do what you like to do where you say some sarcastic comment to reflect. This is a very strict facility and they don't stand for jokes and humor." Hermione told Dru.

"I do that?" Dru asked, sarcastically. Hermione gave her a look. "Right. Sorry."

"When you enter the main room, you'll be searched. After being cleared, they'll take you into the holding cell. I'll be right behind you. I'll have to accompany you for the simple fact that—,"

"You don't trust me." Dru interrupted. "I get it. It's fine. I'm just thankful you're letting me talk to him." Dru smiled.

"Alright, grab my arm." Hermione insisted, and Dru did. They apparated away from the safe house and found themselves in a large clearing in a meadow. She still hadn't gotten used to this feeling, as she took a second to catch her breath. "Follow me." Hermione insisted, but Dru felt sick, pointing her index finger at her and trying to not throw up.

"Sorry. Does that ever get easier?" Dru asked, leveling herself and following Hermione through the meadow.

"Eventually." Hermione laughed, as they reached a large tree stump. Taking her wand, she tapped the middle of it 6 times in a rhythmic pattern, and suddenly, it opened. "Go in." She instructed. Dru lifted herself into the hole, sliding down for a few seconds before reaching a hallway. Hermione emerged just after.