ONE.2

sixth year | half blood prince

"I'm going to miss you so much, Ophelia." Her mothers arms wrapped gently around her body as she squeezed tightly. "I'm only an owl away if you need to chat." She whispered in her daughters ear, who now nodded with a smile. "Please let me know when you arrive there safely." Ophelia nodded, as her mother stood from her hug and looked ahead to the manor before them. "Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you? I'm a bit hesitant leaving you here on your own." Her mother grew anxious at the sight of the home. She still had never been inside of it, but she somehow, for some reason, trusted the family to take care of her. She knew they wouldn't let a thing harm her, at least, as long as her secret remained a secret.

"Mum, I'll be fine. Pansy will be there along with Theo, and I promise, it's just one night. They have always treated me like family." Ophelia smiled, assuringly. Her mother smiled, wiping the tear from her eye.

"Just please, be safe. And remember—"

"Conceal. I know." Ophelia rolled her eyes with a smirk. "I've made it this far, haven't I?"

"You have. I just can't get over how old you are." She shook her head. It was bittersweet to see your child grow, but terrifying all at once. One second they are still learning how to crawl, and the next they're just only a few years to adulthood.

"Alright, I've got to get going." Ophelia was impatient, trying to get out of the grasp of her mother and to her friends she desperately wanted to see.

"I know, I know. I love you, Ophelia."

"I love you, mum." Ophelia waved her off and hurried to the front doors of the manor. She had only been here a handful of times, mostly for the annual Christmas party they held each year, but it always amazed her how eloquent it was. She reached her hand up, beginning to knock, when the door opened up wide and she was faced with the familiar house elf. "Hello, Wheezey." She smiled as Wheezey smiled back, allowing her to enter.

"Wheezey shall get Master." Wheezey told her, hurrying off.

"No need." A soft voice spoke, halting the creature from leaving. The woman came in to view and smiled wide at her guest. "Ophelia! I'm so happy you could come!" She exclaimed.

"Thank you so much for having me, Mrs Malfoy!" Ophelia exclaimed, walking to her with a brief hug.

"Draco and the others are just upstairs." She told her, kindly. Ophelia nodded and made her way up the long, large staircase. She walked down the hall, with an echo of her boots ringing around her and slowly opened the door to Draco's room. Pansy and Theo had been sitting on the floor playing some card game, while Draco, sat himself up in his bed and looked directly at her. She felt her face burn red as she entered the room. Pansy immediately jumped up, running to Ophelia with a tight embrace.

"It's about bloody time you got here! These two have been driving me mad." Pansy scoffed while Ophelia let out a laugh.

"Can't imagine why." She mocked the boys in response. Draco shifted himself into a more appeasing position as he stared over at Ophelia who was eyeing him awkwardly. Usually their friendship would just pick back up where it last left off, but being that the two of them had actually met up once during the summer and kissed briefly for the first time, it was a weird encounter.

"Wow, Draco, what a way to great your girl." Pansy scoffed at him with a laugh.

"She is not my girl." Draco rebutted, picking up the Daily Prophet, and obviously pretending he was reading it.