THIRTY TWO

fight club

Blaise, Pansy, Draco and Dru stood outside the large manor of Rodolphus's home. Theo stayed back with the PA because Hermione didn't fully trust them to return. Blaise and Pansy were posing as if they were together tonight. Which made Pansy cringe a little at the thought of being with a man, let alone one of her best friends. But this event required dates. The whole sex appeal thing was prominent here. Only male death eaters were usually allowed, and therefore if Pansy was seeing Blaise, she was allowed as well. This was everyone's, with the exception of Blaise being that he had to once before, first time at this event, and none of them were looking forward to it. Dru, though, was curious as to who these death eaters were and how they acted. Her curiosity always seemed to get the best of her. She wasn't excited, per say, but she was eager.

Draco held onto Dru's hand tightly as they walked down the pathway to Rodolphus's home. Bellatrix knew of her husbands activities and therefore, she would leave every Thursday night so he could enjoy himself. Their marriage disgusted Draco. He heard the rumors of the women they tortured together and Bellatrix usually was the one to pick out the girls to bring home to her husband. It was repulsive, especially considering most of these poor girls had no idea what was happening to them. He shuddered at the thought of Rodolphus wanting a go at Dru. "Draco? Are you alright? You're as pale as a ghost." Dru whispered to him.

"I'll be fine." He managed to muster out, in a complete lie to her. She knew as much. When the manor came in clear view, Draco let go of her hand and she noticed this immediately, looking to him with a taken back look.

"Draco doesn't hold hands with one night stands, love." Pansy whispered to Dru, who was now understanding, but still slightly offended. She looked to his hand again, noticing that it was clenched into a fist and his knuckles had grown a pale white. He was nervous, he just couldn't show it to anyone. But Dru, even if she didn't know these subtle signs now, her past self did.

They approached the giant front doors, and before even knocking, a short man opened it with a loud creak ringing in their ears, and he proceeded to eye them cautiously.

"Password?" He asked, coldly. Luckily, Theo had so many connections with people, that the password was actually pretty easy to obtain, even with it changing monthly.

"Hiraeth." Blaise spoke, and the door widened, allowing them in. Dru's eyes glossed over all the paintings hanging on the walls. Generations of this cruel mans family, all moving and watching them. She was amazed at the fact that paintings could move and talk as if the people were still there. Even if it wasn't actually them, you could have a full on conversation and it would be as authentic as the real thing.

The four of them proceeded into a grand hall. Death eaters were dispersed, talking amongst themselves with their dates by their sides. It was actually quite sad in Dru's mind because she noticed each of these girls looked miserable. They remained emotionless and almost in a zombie-like state. Dru concluded that they had either had a spell put on them, or they were utterly terrified to speak out of turn. She realized she needed to do the same, so her face went blank, and her body stiffened, copying the other girls demeanor and mannerisms. She had to blend in, for her life, and her friends, depended on it.

"Draco Malfoy!" A voice exclaimed, and the four of them turned to see Corban Yaxley, drunkenly approaching them, dragging his date behind him. "Now, what is the young Malfoy prodigy doing at a party like this?" He asked, with the stench of firewhisky radiating off his breath.

"I could ask you the same, Yaxley. Tell me, does your wife know of your plans for this evening?" Draco eyed the young girl on his arm. Yaxley stared at him for a few moments, while everyone gave each other awkward, uncomfortable looks, before he let out a loud, coarse laugh.

"You are always so quick with your remarks." Yaxley pat his shoulder, and then noticed Dru beside him, his brows perked up in interest. "And who is this?" He asked, causing tension to rise in all four of them. "Tell me, what is your name?" A smirk creeped upon his face and all her curiosity she had felt, had now evaporated into thin air. She officially did not want to be here.

"Jane." Dru responded, monotone and vague.

"Jane." The name came sickly from his lips. "You're far prettier than the other girls I've seen Malfoy here prance about with." Dru grew agitated. She almost spoke, but Draco cut her off quickly.

"But not as smart. You know what they say about the pretty ones. What they lack in brains, they make up for in the sack." He mocked her. Her eyes snapped to him, and he refused to look at her in return.

"I'm sure she's a quick fuck. In the best way, that is." Yaxley winked. The anger was boiling up inside of her now. It was taking everything she had to keep her calm. She didn't tolerate men speaking this way of any woman, and she only wished she could tell him off.

"You can take her for a ride when I'm done with her." Draco told him, faking a smile. Dru was angry, but not half as angry as Draco had been. He'd like to see one of these disgusting scums try and get her. He didn't even think she'd need his help, because everyone knew that Dru could handle her own. He had seen it plenty of times at Hogwarts when boys would flirt with her or get a little too handsy. He wanted to smile thinking of how she once punched Marcus Flint square in the jaw for gripping her thigh a little too tight in the great hall.

"I might have to hold you to that one, Malfoy." Yaxley smiled wickedly. "You here to see the fight?" He finally asked. Yaxley was a talker. And it always irked Draco, because he hated when the death eaters drank too much and talked more. "Heard it's one of the Weasley boys you went to school with. That oughta be interesting."

"Wouldn't want to miss it." Draco told him and Yaxley nodded. As Yaxley began to walk away, with his scrawny date trailing him like a lost puppy. Before he left completely from their view, he turned to Pansy and smirked.

"Your father would be proud, Parkinson. You look like an actual woman tonight." He commented, and Pansy rolled her eyes in clear view, before he prowled off into another room.

"Again, I fucking hate men." She muttered quietly to Dru. But Dru's eyes had shifted to another being across the way. A solemn man, with jet black hair that hung just above his shoulders, and a long black cloak over his shoulders. He was alone, and possibly the only man here by himself. He stared back at her, curiously. She felt some familiarity when looking at him. And little did she know, he felt the same. His eyes were torn from hers as a man approached him, striking up conversation, and she quickly looked to Pansy.

"Who is that?" She whispered to her. Pansy looked to where she was referring to, and smirked with a quick scoff.

"That's Severus Snape. Was a professor at Hogwarts and in charge of us Slytherins. Total wanker if you ask me." Pansy shrugged. But Dru ignored that last part. Even if she couldn't remember him, she knew she knew him.

"Come on." Blaise muttered in a sharp tone, as the girls followed the men down the stairwell to the dungeon. The guests were gathered around in a circle like formation. Chairs were set up in a way that everyone would be able to see clearly what was going to take place. Dru's anxiety was getting the best of her as she went pale. The four of them seated themselves, just two rows back from the center, waiting in anticipation. Only a few minutes before a man stumbled out into the middle, shoved by one of the death eaters. He was dirty, and scrawny. As if he hadn't bathed or eaten in months. "That's Dean Thomas. He went to school with us." Blaise whispered into Dru's ear. Another person she supposedly knew, but couldn't recall. Dean looked around, but nothing flickered in his eyes. No light, or spark. He was lifeless. Dru didn't know it, but all of these Hogwarts students once held such magic within not only their bodies, but their eyes as well. They were a happy bunch, and it was truly heartbreaking to see what had ended up happening to them.

But then, her heart dropped as Fred was pushed into view across from him, and landing onto his knees. He was bloodied up and bruised badly. She wanted to shut her eyes, but she knew she couldn't. She was at a loss for what to say or what to even do. She only knew that she had to remain calm. But how could she? When Fred was about to fight for his life— and possibly take another's in return.