Surprise! - 5SOS

I'm in gym class rn sitting off to the side bc I hate this class but I still get 100% 😏

Prompt: Calum misses soccer (or football, depending on where you live.. the sport with the white ball with black spots where you kick into the net yeah that one) sometimes, so the boys surprise him by taking him somewhere special.

Era: I think it could be now based (the present time) but whatever you choose

I hope you enjoy !! mwah <3

********

Duke sits on the floor in front of his owner, a smile on his face and a tail wagging so fast it looked blurry.

"What do you want, Duke?" Calum asks the pup with a glare.

Duke gives no response but a yap.

Calum supposed that his furry friend was attempting to make him feel better. It was obvious he was gloomy. Today was just one of those days.

One of those days where he missed playing soccer.

Going into the bright green grass, and kicking the ball around. It had always given him a sense of freedom. It still did.

But with the band on tour, (pretend theres no covid and no shame tour just happened lol) there was obviously no time for it; and he had just been so depressed lately that he didn't want to get out of bed to attempt to do anything. Not even eat.

A few loud, rhythmic bangs on his door alerted the maori that his idiot friends had showed up.

Ashton, Luke, and Michael come in instantly after they knock, greeting Duke who was pawing at their shins.

"Yeah, and I totally invited you in," Calum scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"What's up your ass?" Michael questions as he cracks a smile, pulling his best friend up off the couch.

"Come on, we have a surprise."

Ashton lets Duke outside to do whatever business he has to get done before they all pile into Michael's bright white car, and are off on an adventure of the Beverley Hills city roads.

********

(omfgggg like 20 minutes left in this class, I'm-)

"Can I open my eyes yet, mate?" Calum asks, as he feels the car pull into park.

"Not yet," Luke says, yanking the kiwi from the backseat and following Michael and Ashton through the big doors of a stadium.

After they walk inside and go down and up (they got lost) a few stairs, they make it to the soccer field safely.

"Okay," Ashton says, flipping on the stadium lights on, leaving the grass shining. "You can open your eyes now, Cal."

"This better be good or else I-" Calum starts to say, but as soon as he opens his eyes his face lights up. You could see the rainbows in his eyes and the unicorns dancing in his brain. He was happy. The happiest he'd been in a while.

********

"Fuck, how do you even aim this fucker!?" Ashton exclaims in a fit of rage, after the soccer ball, once again, goes towards the opposite goal of his liking.

"Come, on dude, it's easy! Just kick it!" Calum yells back.

"Oh yeah, it's easy, says the professional, it's fun said the professional," Michael mocks from the goal.

"Technically, I'm not a professional. I almost was but I decided to start a band with you, dick face," Calum shrugs.

Luke just about falls on the ground laughing, but then gets hit with the soccer ball (again) by Ashton.

"Seriously, dude?! Oh my god, can't he just throw it?!? He has better aim when he's pissing!" Luke screams across the field.

"Oh my god," Calum mumbles, a smile pulling at the edges of his mouth. He gives in, beaming for the rest of the game.

********

As they pull back into Calum's driveway, Duke's sharp yapping is heard in the background over the roar of the car engine.

"Thank you guys for taking me to the stadium. I really appreciate it. I love you all a bunch," the maori gives his gratitude, smiling at his boys. (Notice the advancement from "his idiot friends" to "his boys".. that's your daily character development for yall, yes)

Two responses of "I hate you, too" and a delayed and opposite, "Love you, too" from Luke are heard as Calum shuts the car door.

He waves to the other three as they back out of the driveway, and all he gets in return is some middle fingers and a salute.

"Man, I love those guys," Calum mumbles under his breath, shaking his head with a small smile on his face.

********

so that was maybe somewhere between 500-600 something words- unedited but I hope you all enjoyed.

It got me through gym class lmao, I started writing at like 12:50 or so and its 1:22, my class ends at 1:25 yeahhh

thanks for that, I rlly hate gym 🙄

Love you, love yourshoes, toodleoos !! <3 btw u look pretty today ;3

~Aubree/Potatoes/Skittles

I'll hold the door for u 🤏🚪

but if u get an ad, I dropped it D:

sorry my arms are weak from typing all this content 4 u ;)