His Father - Lashton

This one goes out to Lashtonlovechild!
As you know, she's amazing.
I just figured I should give back a little more 🤷‍♂️ I came up with this in Health class soo. Don't worry I hate health class my teacher is so annoying and the worst kids are in that class I- yeah, you get the point :) anyway here you go

Angst --> fluff
DT: Lashtonlovechild

He didn't mean to mess up, honest.

"Ashton Irwin!" Their chemistry teacher, Mr.Carpenter, scolded. Ashton flinched, and Luke put a warm and comforting hand on his arm. Just the colliding touch made the light brunette feel a little bit better.

"I'm going to have to call your father for this. You've made a mess of my classroom!" Mr. Carpenter yelled, gesturing to the foam draping over the front table.

"Sir, I didn't mean to put in the wr-"

"Call your father."

"I.. W-What?"

"Call your father, and put it on speaker so the whole class can hear you get put to shame."

Luke's grip on Ashton's arm tightened, and he visibly winced everytime Mr.Carpenter said "father." His father wasn't around. He left when Lauren was born. Gone with the wind. Where he is now? Who knows.

"Ashy, it's okay," Ashton's blue-eyed best friend eyed him from the side as he whispers comforting words in his ear.

"Why aren't you getting your phone out, Irwin?" Mr. Carpenter growls, stepping up to his desk, with a ruler. He slapped it down, scaring Ashton out of his witts. Which, caused him to blurt out, "My Dad's not around."

Their teacher's face, surprisingly, softened.

"Your Mother?"

"Mom's drunk most of the time. But, she's trying to get sober. Around this time.." the teenager paused to check his watch. "She'd be konked out taking a nap. Totally blacked out."

"Mr.Carpenter, please back off. It's a sensitive subject. Can we go out in the hall for a few minutes?" Luke calmly explains, rubbing circles on Ashton's shoulders with his thumbs.

"Yes, I'm sorry boys. Go," Their now guilty chem teacher favors.

"Thank you," the taller one responds, taking his best friend outside of the class, where he instantly collapses in the corridor.

"Hey, shh, shh. It's okay darling, it's okay. You don't need him. It's your Dad's fault he left an amazing person like you," Luke whispers, pulling Ash into his lap. "You're doing all you can."

"Oh, yeah? Then why is my Mom at home drunk? Why do I know exactly the time she blacks out? Because I have to know when she's sleeping and where, so I can keep Harry and Lauren away from the addicted drunk they call their mother!" Ashton cries, sobbing. He was breaking, the Hemmings boy knew it.

He knew that Ashton couldn't handle much more. Working at KFC at just 15, when he has school to worry about, and the band. But the band isn't as important as Ashton's life.

"You're doing all you can, Ashton. She decides to be like this, it's on her. Not on you. Just do you. I'll get a job at the Wendy's next door to the KFC in town.  I know they're hiring. I can help, and maybe we can get some cash to get 5 Seconds of Summer off the ground. Okay?" Luke rambles, running his fingers through his companion's brunette hair.

"Thanks, Lu."

"No prob, bub."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

*****************

Boom
How's that

I'm gonna write a Mule soon I think
Its gonna be hype
Get ready

Thanks again to Lashtonlovechild :) <3

~Aubree/Potatoes