A River Seems a Magic Thing.. Until it's not. - Mashton

we are number 202 in the tag #5sos

ik that doesnt sound like much but wait..

number 202 out of 1.47k stories. how bout that one for size?

anyway Zoom is glitching today and technically Im supposed to be in Social Studies but he just sent us off to work and i already finished it sooo :)

Prompt: Ashton and Michael are stranded on a raft in the middle of a river.

Era: 2015

enjoy <3

********

"Why did you drop the paddle?!"

"It slipped!! I was eating!" Michael yells back at Ashton, his sentence barely recognizeable, due to a mouthful of chicken nuggets.

"You weren't supposed to eat on the raft, Michael," Ashton mumbles monotonously.

"Fuck that rule. Who even came up with that?" said boy questions, shrugging and chewing at the same time.

"Okay, I love you, but please help me move the raft out from these rocks- or else w'll be stranded here for eternity," The older of the two demands, reaching his hands into the water and trying to push their raft off the rocks. The water was cold, and it sent chills through Ashton's bones without warning. Goosebumps rise on his arms as he uses all his strength to shove them out of this predicament.

It was supposed to be a fun date, they both agreed it would be, but apparently rafts have something against chicken nuggets.

Michael tries some sort of paddling with his hands, hoping to propel them forwards. He was quite dyspneic as he huffs out, "It won't budge, Ash."

"Ugh, I know," His boyfriend gives an exasperated sigh, and drops down off his knees to sit. He leans his head on Michael's shoulder, and then they are in complete silence; just two chaps of the human race, bonding with nature while they are stranded in the middle of a river.

It was peaceful, though. The birds were singing, and the river was flowing through all the pebbles and rocks at the bottom of it. There even may have been a few fish here and there.

"Do you have any chicken nuggets left, Michael?"

********

The distinctive couple sat together on the raft, feeding off what seemed to be an unlimited supply of chicken nuggets (Michael always brought extra), for a while. But then, a park ranger walked up on the other side of the river. "Are you two with the rafting team that's supposed to be here today?" he calls over the rushing water.

"Yes, sir!" Ashton yells back.

"I'm calling back up as we speak. I'll have a team over there to pull you out soon."

"Our deepest appreciation, sir!" Michael exclaims.

After being rescued and swaddled in the fluffiest of towels, Michael and Ashton were back on dry land once again.

"I love you lots, Ashton, but lets never go rafting again. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

********

Cute :)

and now im off to play duck life 3 hehe

-Aubree/Potatoes/Skittles