Dinner's Ready - Malum (with hints of lashton)

Sorry this is a really old one shot I started writing and now I'm gonna finish it ❤ it was actually really good lol

Era: Fetus Michael, 2014 Calum, 2018 Luke & Ashton

Prompt: Calum has lived in the Irwin group home for boys and girls since he was 2. It's very popular in the neighborhood, but when Michael showed up, it seemed the house was only known for the 'emo kid with problems.'

Hope you enjoy!! xx

*******

"Everyone, this is Michael Clifford. I want you to-" Luke begins to say.

"Be nice, play nice, act nice," Denis, a prodigy who's 7 and in 5th grade, finishes for him.

"Don't be rude, Denis," Ashton scolds, pointing a finger at the boy. "I know you're smart, but I'm sure everyone else has it memorized. Right, guys?"

He eyes the children carefully, and so does the new boy.

The new boy, Michael Clifford, wore a gray hoodie, black jeans, and a 'Green Day' t-shirt. His hair covered one of his eyes, but from what Calum could tell, they were a pretty green.

Also, from what Calum could tell, was that he had already developed a crush.

*******

"Hi there, roomie," Calum beams, kicking his feet back and forth, and waving at Michael when he walks in.

The emo-looking boy glanced at the maori, but didn't speak. He just unzipped his backpack, and pulled out his phone.

"How'd you even get that?" Calum tries again. "Luke and Ashton didn't even let me get a phone until earlier this year. I'm fucking 16, for fucks sake."

It was silent, but Michael finally responds.

"I have my ways."

"This is a group home.. You're here for a reason, yeah?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?" Calum asks, tilting his head to the side, like a puppy.

"I mean, I don't even know if I have a place on earth. If I don't know that, how the hell am I supposed to figure out whether or not I'm at a group home for a reason?" Michael hisses, suddenly getting defensive.

"Sorry. I'll leave you alone, then, Mike."

"Did I give you permission to call me Mike?"

"Um..no?" Calum answers. "How about Mikey?"

Michael doesn't respond any more after that.

*******

Late in the night, sometime around 2, Calum finally passed out. It was late, and he was already tired.

He had been thinking about his parents.

A ruffling sound was heard, and the maori's eyes fluttered open. He glanced at the clock.

3:28am

Looking over, Calum noticed Michael was gone.

Immediately, he went into panic mode.

"Mikey? Mikey?"

He called, but no response. The window was open, and the cold breeze made Calum shiver. Across the grass of the front yard, was Michael, running towards the street.