Reanimated Corpses - Muke & (subtle) Cashton

hello :3

this is based off of The Walking Dead because we're watching it rn and WE'RE ONLY IN SEASON SIX SO IF YOUVE SEEN IT TO SPOILERS THANKS XX

:) Anyway enjoy

Michael is like a fem!catboy bc I feel like it rn so deal with it

TW: Zombies, killing, gore, blood ‼️⚠️

********

"Suck this, you blood sucking asshole!" Luke yells, swinging his bat right into the zombie's mouth. He shoved it all the way up until it came out the top of it's head. Holding his hand on it's face, he pulled out his bat and watched the zombie fall to the ground.

He turned, seeing Michael shoving his laced up boots in ones face, while another came at him from his right side. His knife was dropped, covered under a couple leaves.

They had no ammo left in any of their guns. It had been that way for a while. Maybe only a few days, but that was crucial when fighting the apocalypse of reanimated corpses.

Luke rushed over and took his knife out of it's pouch, stabbing the one that was basically on top of Michael.

Calum came around and swung his machete at the second zombie, chopping it's head off. It's body fell to the ground, and it's head left for Ashton to stab, to get rid of any chance of it coming back.

Luke carefully grabs Michael's hand. He wore pink fingerless gloves that rubbed against Luke's skin like the smoothest paper and the sweetest honey. He would kill anything or anyone just to feel that touch again.

"I feel awful dumb wearing skirts out here when they grab my legs so often. They just want a little pussy cat action, if you know what I mean," Michael says, winking at his boyfriend.

"Don't worry, kitten," Luke whispers, pulling the blonde into a hug. He gently pets his head, leaning down and sniffing his hair, careful not to bother his little cat ears. "You'll be mine forever. Not theirs."

********

"Kind of sucks all we eat is baked beans out of a dusty old can every night. But I won't complain ever again. I'm surving, so this.." Calum says, leaning back and crossing his arms over his head. "This is the life."

"I know. I understand what you mean. Baked beans were the suckiest food until now," Ashton agrees.

He glances over at Calum. His tan features glimmered in the moonlight, the firelight having a nice aftereffect to the beauty.

He takes the maori's arm and brings it down so it sits on the log next to him.

He slowly puts his hand on top of his.

They sit like that for the rest of the night, into the early hours of the morning, when the fire is burnt out and the sun is rising over the trees in the forest.

Michael stirred, slowly awekening. He sat up, yawning.

"The leaves were pretty comfortable. Better than the ones at the last camp. Too bad I couldn't find a rock," He says.

He glances over at Calum and Ashton, who are watching the sunrise. He smirks when he sees them holding hands. He doesn't say a word, instead, he turns and places his hand on Luke's chest, leaving kisses on his face to wake him up.

The blonde on the ground stirs, opening his eyes to the beautiful sight of his boyfriend.

"Good morning, Mikey," he greets, beaming.

"Good morning, love. We're going to find a neighborhood today, remember? Are you ready to get going?" Michael responds.

"Sure thing," Luke answers, standing up, extending a hand for Michael to get up as well.

They each get their bags, and meet Calum and Ashton, who are taking down their stringed cans. They leave most of the wooden spears but take six of them to use as weapons.

They head out towards the road, ready for today's adventure.

********

"Look!" Calum exclaims, pointing up the road. There was another road, and a sign for a neighborhood called Apple Cross.

"Let's go," Ashton says, continuing to walk.

They arrive at Apple Cross, seeing the destruction to the houses and the trash all across the street and the abandoned cars.

"Calum, you and Ashton go clear and scavenge the right side, Luke and I will clear and scavenge the left," Michael says. The raven haired man and his lover both nod, pulling out their knives and going to the first house on the right.

Michael takes Luke's hand, and pulls him along to the first house on the left. He pulls his knife out, th blonde beside him doing the same.

He kicks the door open, and bangs on the wall a few times.

"I'll clear down here, you get upstairs," Michael orders.

Luke nods, quickly making a beeline for the stairs, careful not to run into anything or anyone before he got there.

Michael splits off into the rooms, and even though Luke was upstairs, he yelled "Clear!" each time he cleared a room. He heard Luke do it too.

When both floors were secure, they high fived each other, scavenging the kitchen and pantry, and moved on to the next house.

********

After the whole neighborhood was cleared and scavenged, they all chose a house in the middle to stay in for the night and possibly a few extra days.

"We're heading up. Yell if anything's happening," Luke says to Calum, who was yet again holding Ashton's hand.

Calum nods, turning back forwards to admire the stars through the window.

"Hey Ash?" Calum whispers.

"Yeah?"

"I think I love you."

"I think I love you, too."

********

"I always envisioned us having a house like this. One in a nice neighborhood with enough grass for our kids to run around in, and for a dog or two. Lots of nice areas for lots and lots of cats. You know how I like those," Michael says, giggling and pointing to his ears by the end of his statement.

"I hoped you would envision that life for us. Because I did, too," Luke says.

"It's a shame we can't live it now," he adds.

"We still could. We always could. It's a possibility any day. This whole neighborhood is safe now. We could make our dreams a reality," Michael says, a spark of hope burning in his eyes.

"But if I get you.. y'know.. pregnant, would this place be safe in nine months? We'd have to move as soon as our child was secure," Luke points out, slightly worried.

"But we could stay here. Before we plan anything we could build a wall. I'm sure there's a lumber or steel supply near by, if they had enough to build this neighborhood up. It looks fairly new anyway," Michael protests.

"I.. I don't know. Do we have to decide now?" The blonde asks.

"Of course not, love. Let's sleep," Michael says.

"Sure thing, kitten."

********

I may be willing to make a part two if you want Muke to go through with their plans :)))

I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did writing <3

~Aubree/Potatoes/Skittles 💚