The Mall - Cake/Mashton

Birthday countdown:
Clockwork2018: tomorrow <3
Mine: 3 days (Saturday)

I started to ship Mashton while I was writing down this idea. I had inspo :) so here we go lol

Also, the era is like 2014. Basically they look like this;

*******

"C'mon guys, hurry up. We don't have all day," Calum pouted. "Actually, babe-" Luke tried to cut in, but his boyfriend shushed him. Ashton and Micheal jogged to catch up with their friends, before they split up, going to one branch of the mall while Luke and Calum went to the other.

*******

Calum and Luke ended up walking past the jewelry stores, swinging their intertwined hands like a child might do with their parent. They got some harsh glances from passerbys, but they ignored them.

"Luke, look!" Calum gasped. "Hot Topic!"

Before the slightly younger one could even look, Calum was running towards the store, full speed ahead. Luke laughed, shoving his phone in his pocket and following his boyfriend.

The two arrived in Hot Topic, where Cal snagged a t-shirt that was kind of too short for him, but who was Luke to complain when he could admire the maori's golden skin? He wasn't, that's for sure. As for himself, he bought a few more bracelets. The few he got said thinks on then like "believe" or just the letter "L." He even got one that had a tie dye pattern on it.

Calum decided to buy a few more of the short shirts, and changed into one of them after paying for it. Luke couldn't resist kissing his rose gold lips in the middle of the store. They ended up full-on making out, Luke's hands gripping Calum's waist, who had his arms around his neck. It was pure bliss.

..Until the booming voice of the owner could be heard.

"Ay! What are you standing there for?! Stop sucking face and get out of my store!"

Calum was quick to drag Luke out of the store, running far away from that Hot Topic to an Macy's so they couldn't get caught unless the man called security.

They remained there for a while, playing around on the beds upstairs, and joking about with some little decorations and candles.

"I'm gonna text Ash, see how they're doing. We can meet up for lunch, right?" Calum mused. "Sure, princess. Anything you want," Luke obliged, kissing the top of the kiwi's head. "Love you."

"I love you too, Lu."

Meanwhile...

"Oh my god, Ashton! There's a ball pit inside of that McDonald's!!" Micheal exclaims, poking the older of the two to get his attention.

"Ugh, fine. As long as you stop poking me," Ashton groans, allowing the blond-haired boy to pull him along. He buys two sodas, so they're allowed in the restaurant, and they go straight to the ballpit.

"Geez, its up to like, my knees," Ash mumbles. "Exactly. You could drown in it," Mike casually responds. The 19 year old gives him a weird look, before going to move out to get a drink, but he slips on what may be some spilt yogurt at the bottom of the ball pit, causing him to fall on his face and start drowning in the sea of balls.

"Agh! Help!" He yells, throwing his arms up and thrashing around. "Oh my god, Ashy!" the Clifford cries, going to pull him out, but he finds his eyes watering as if Ashton was really drowning. What the fuck?

"Oh my god, oh my god.." Mikey mutters as he finally pulls Ashton up, and engulfs him, full out bawling. Ashton pushes him off, holding his shoulders. He keeps grip of them as he sees the younger's tear stained cheeks. "Aw, Micheal. Why are you crying?" He coos.

"I.."

"You can talk to me, it's okay. Whatevers bothering you, I'm sure we can figure it out."

Micheal took in the view of Ashton Irwin. He noticed how his face glowed, even when he had a slight frown because one of his best friend's was sad. His hazel eyes, oh the 17 year old could go on and on about how beautiful they were.

Then the realization hit him in the face.

"I think I'm in love with you," he blurted.

They both went silent, except for the ding of Ash's phone, signaling he got a text message.

*******

The 4 met up at the food court for lunch, and, much to Cake's surprise, Ashton and Micheal appeared with their hands intertwined.

"What happened to you guys?" Luke asked, an amused look on his face. Micheal had tear tracks on his beaming face, and Ashton's hair was messy and unkempt.

"We-" Mike began to say.

"I drowned," Ashton cut him off.

Calum burst out laughing, and so did the other three. More people glared at them now, upset their loud laughing was disruptive to the lunches they were eating. But, nonetheless, the best friends couldn't stop.

Which, landed them in a familiar situation to Luke and Calum.

*******

"Relax, I'm going, I'm going," Micheal mumbled as the hunky guy in a jacket that read 'SECURITY' watched them get in their car.

Ashton took shotgun, and Luke and Calum made out in the back while Mikey drove.

Okay, that was a mistake.

"Micheal Gordon Clifford, slow the fucking car down!" Ashton yelled over the radio that was blasting Green Day.

"What?" Micheal yelled back. "Yahoo! What a time to be alive!"

Calum groaned from the back seat. "Guysss. We're trying to eye fuck back here."

"Yeah," Luke muttered.

Red and blue flashing lights appeared behind them, so Micheal pulled over, much to his dismay.

"Hello, officer," he says, as Ashton turns off the radio, and Luke and Calum hurriedly collect themselves. "What brings you here?"

"Kid, you're going 80 miles an hour on a neighborhood road. Why do you think?" The officer snaps.

Ashton just crosses his arms and tries not to laugh his ass off and shove I told you so's in Micheal's face as he tries to lie about his age.

*******

"Its cold in here," Calum complains. Just as soon as he said that, Luke comes to his rescue with his flannel and warm arms.

"Ashyyyy. I'm cold toooo," Mike says, dragging out the "y" and the "o."

"I'm disappointed in you for not listening to me, you know that, right?" Ashton scolds in reply, his back turned to Micheal as he goes full on dad mode. "You didn't listen when I told you to slow the car down, and here we are, in a jail cell because you couldn't slow the fuck down."

Luke starts laughing his ass off in the corner, and so does Calum.

A smile creeps it's way on Ash's face as he can't help but laugh about it too. God, how can they be so stupid?

Micheal takes the chance to curl up next to Ash, as they wait for their parents to pick them up.

*******

Ah. Thats the longest thing I've wrote in foreverrrr. I hope you enjoyed!

~Aubree/Potatoes