𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

Daryl sighed to himself as he looked through her things. She had died eight years ago but it still felt like yesterday. Why did things have to turn out the way that they did? Why couldn't she just be alive?

As Daryl looked through her things, his eyes squinted in confusion when he found a bunch of old books, six books to be precise. Each book was the same except the covers were different colours. On the front was written, 1. Daryl turned around when he saw someone walk into the room, a little ten year old girl with bright blue eyes like her dad's and dark brown hair like her mom. She had tan, olive skin and freckles.

"Oh, you found them, too?" The girl asked Daryl.

"Yeah, what are these? I've never seen them before." Daryl said as he skimmed through the pages of the book in his hand.

"They're Mom's diaries." The little girl said, making Daryl stop and look at her. "I found them a few weeks ago and when I opened the first page, it said no-one should read it until after she was...gone. I couldn't read them, Dad."

"Hey, it's okay, Danita." Daryl said softly as he held his little girl in his arms. "I never knew she had diaries."

"Me too." Danita said softly. "Shall we read it together?"

"You sure you're ready for that?" Daryl asked as he sat on the couch with his daughter on his lap.

"Are you?" Danita asked, making Daryl look at the diary. He had to admit, he was curious with what was written inside. He had no idea she kept diaries for those six years that they knew each other.

"Yeah. I am." Daryl said. They both looked down at the dark blue book in Daryl's hand before looking at each other. Daryl took a deep breath and opened the first page of the diary, reading out loud.

"Dear Diary..."