𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗/𝚙𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚜𝚘𝚏𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚎

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽/𝙿𝚃 𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝚂𝙾𝙵𝚃 𝚄𝙽𝙲𝙻𝙴 𝙼𝙴𝚁𝙻𝙴

When I got to the courtyard, I saw the entire group shooting at a group of people outside of the walls. This was the Governor. He had a group of men and even a tank and he was shooting at all of us. Axel died today. Rick was outside of the fences by a bridge and Hershel was covering himself in the middle of the courtyard. Everyone else was taking cover and shooting at the Governor's men. I even spotted Merle at one point outside of the prison, saving Rick's life from a muerto who was a second close to taking a bite out of his shoulder.

Once the shootout with the Governor was over, everyone had to go inside because the Governor tore down one of the fences which caused the courtyard to be filled with muertos. Anita couldn't understand why Andrea was staying in his town. Was she just ignoring all of this or did she not know what the Governor was up to?

"We're not leaving." Rick said to the group once they had gone inside the cell block.

"We can't stay here." Hershel said.

"If Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn said and Anita agreed.

"He's right. We should listen to Rick. I've always believed he's a smart man. He knows what he's doing." Anita said.

"If y'all ain't runnin', it may as well be better to live like rats." Merle said from behind a locked gate. "We should have slid out of here last night, lived to fight another day."

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl said.

"Y'all should be." Merle said and that got Anita thinking.

"Maybe...he's right." Anita said. "Merle was the Governor's right hand man. He knows how he thinks, what he could be planning next, all of his tricks. If Merle thinks we can't defeat the Governor, maybe we can't."

"We will defeat him. I'll kill him myself." Rick growled. He was not happy at all. He still had a lot going on.

"That truck through the fence thing? That's just him ringing the doorbell." Merle shrugged. "We may have some thick walls to hide behind but he's got the guns and the numbers and we don't."

"He's got a point." Daryl sighed. He didn't want his brother to be right but he was.

"Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Hershel said and as Rick began to walk away, Hershel told him off, telling him he had to start leading again, he had to fix things before more people lost their lives.

----------

Whilst Daryl, Rick, Glenn, Michonne, and Hershel were talking at the bottom of the cell block, I decided to pay Merle a little visit. I felt like we should talk about everything that was going on, about the Governor and about Daryl. When I got to his cell, I saw him wrapping his metal contraption on his arm.