𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 - 𝙰𝙽 𝙴𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙴𝚂𝚂

Dear Diary,
I have no idea what to do anymore. I have no idea what I can do. I just....I don't know what to do.

The next morning when Anita woke up, she still felt as tired as she was the night before. She turned to her side and saw Daryl sleeping next to her, his arm wrapped around her waist and resting on the top of her stomach, probably where her baby was if the pregnancy test Maggie was going to get for her turned out to be positive.

Anita sighed as she stared at the top bunk, still laying next to Daryl who was beginning to wake up. He yawned and kissed Anita's jaw, pulling her closer to him and snuggling his head into her neck. Anita could feel her heart pounding out of her chest. How would they work with a baby? Maybe she was thinking too much. Maybe there was a chance that she wasn't pregnant. When she takes the test and it turns out to be negative, Anita will laugh at herself for stressing herself out so much. This would be a funny story that she would remember for a long time. That's all.

Anita forced a small smile on her face and rested the side of her head on top of Daryl's, squeezing his hand tight. Everything was going to be fine. There was no baby. Everything was fine. But if everything was fine, why couldn't Anita shake off that dreading feeling in her gut?

----------

A little while later into the day, Maggie and Glenn had returned from their supply run and just like she promised, Maggie brought back a pregnancy test for Anita.

"Glenn knows." Maggie said as she pulled the test out of her bag.

"What?" Anita asked as she saw Glenn approaching.

"How come you didn't tell me you're pregnant?" Glenn whispered even though nobody was around.

"Must I remind you of when you found out about Lori? And we don't know that I'm pregnant yet. I'm sure I'm not." Anita said but she didn't sound so sure.

As much as I tried to convince myself that I wasn't pregnant, my gut was telling me that was not the case and that scared me all the more.

"I'm sorry. I had to tell Glenn. He saw me picking up the test and thought I was pregnant." Maggie said and Anita shook her head.

"No, it's fine. But Glenn, please, don't say anything, no matter what the result is." Anita said before pulling the small stick out of the box.

"My lips are sealed, I promise." Glenn said and Anita nodded before taking a deep breath and looking down at the test.

"Well, here goes nothing." Anita said.

I left Glenn and Maggie momentarily to take the test and when I was done, I came back to them. I didn't want to find out the news alone. I needed someone with me. Plus, I trust Glenn and Maggie. The five minutes that I had to wait for the result to show was the most agonising five minutes of my entire life.