𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝙾𝙽𝙴

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝙾𝙽𝙴

"Wow, Mom really wanted to die?" Danita asked as Daryl closed the first diary.

"Yeah, I remember that day well." Daryl said.

"I'm glad you went back for her. If you didn't, I wouldn't be here." Danita said with a goofy grin, making Daryl chuckle.

"No, you wouldn't." Daryl said.

"I like the name Jasmine. She's my favourite Disney princess." Danita said.

"I was very drunk that day but the name stuck." Daryl chuckled as he remembered the memory.

"Mom sounded like she hated you after you saved her life." Danita said.

"Well, she was very angry but she had her reasons." Daryl said. "I didn't know 'em at the time. All I knew was that I couldn't let her end up stuck there like yer Uncle Merle."

"Can we read the next one?" Danita asked, picking up the next diary which had a dark purple cover with the number two written on it.

"Don't ya' have archery class?" Daryl asked his daughter, making her groan.

"I was hoping you forgot about that." Danita frowned, making Daryl laugh.

"How about ya' go to class and I'll read some to ya' before bed?" Daryl said, making Danita nod.

"Okay, Dad." She sighed.

"Good girl. Come on." Daryl said. They both got up and Danita held onto her dad's hand before they both left the house together for Danita's archery class.

----------

When Danita returned home from her archery class, she had dinner with her dad as the sun set and the moon took its spot. After dinner, she was tucked into bed with her dad sitting on a chair in front of her.

"Can you read some more now, Dad?" Danita asked as she pulled her sheets up towards her.

"I did promise you that." Daryl said as he grabbed the dark purple book which was much bigger and chunkier than the last one. He opened up the first page, revealing Anita's cursive handwriting. "You ready?"

"Yeah." Danita eagerly nodded.

"Dear Diary..."