𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 - 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚜𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴 - 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙰 𝚂𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙳

Dear Diary,
The entire winter has gone by and I haven't written in here. It's not that I died or anything. I'm very much alive. My pen just ran out of ink. Oops. Took me all winter to find anything to write with. Where do I even start? When I last left off, I was stuck at the highway. I stayed there for another day or two, hoping somebody would come back but no-one ever did so I gathered some more supplies from the abandoned cars and just kept walking. I didn't really have a destination. I just went wherever my feet took me. I was alone all winter. I hadn't come across a single soul since I got separated from the group, until today. I missed everyone. I missed Daryl. I hoped they were still alive and well. I thought my day today would be the same as any other day. I would look for food, kill a few muertos and carry on with my day but today took a different direction. A better direction.

Anita sighed to herself as she warmed her hands up with the small fire she built. The winter was tough on her but it had passed. She still needed to keep warm though. She was still in the woods, doing whatever she could to survive. Anita had to admit, at the beginning, she was starting to slip back into her dark place but she was determined to stay positive. She knew in her heart, she would find Daryl. She just had to wait.

Anita heard a rustling coming from the bush and pulled out her knife as she stood up. A muerto emerged from the bush and tackled Anita to the ground. Anita gasped in pain when she realised she had cut her leg with the knife in her hand. It was a pretty deep wound but Anita had to take care of the muerto on top of her. Anita almost gagged as the muerto's face got closer to hers. Its breath smelt like literal shit. Using all of her strength, Anita pushed the muerto onto the ground next to her before quickly getting up, pinning the muerto by its shoulder and stabbing it in the head, killing it.

Anita took deep breaths as she shuffled away from the muerto. Her leg was still bleeding. As she had a closer look at her wound, she realised her leg needed stitches. If only Hershel were around. Anita had no medical supplies on her but she knew of a little pharmacy a little while away. She took a deep breath and pulled herself off the ground, groaning in pain. She managed to put the fire out and she grabbed her backpack before limping away.

----------

I thought I would be able to grab the needle, thread and bandages quickly and leave as soon as possible but, of course, that was just a fantasy. I spotted the pharmacy in the distance and was praying that it hadn't been completely looted. I was making my way over there when I spotted Glenn and Maggie. Maggie had a red basket with something inside but I couldn't see. But then I realised Glenn and Maggie were alive. That meant maybe everyone else was okay, too. I was going to go over to them but another man ambushed them. I had no choice but to hide behind a car and that's when I spotted someone else, too.

Anita spotted a woman hiding behind the car in front of her. She had dreads and a sword strapped to her back. She seemed to be watching Glenn and Maggie talking to this man and Anita didn't know if she was supposed to be worried or not. Glenn and Maggie called the man, Merle, and Anita knew she knew that name from somewhere. Merle ended up taking Glenn and Maggie away and when they left, Anita pulled out her spear gun and approached the other woman, pointing it at her head.

"Why were you watching them?" Anita asked, still in pain from her leg but she was trying to hide it. The woman got up and raised her hands. She seemed to be covered in muerto guts.

"I was watching the man who took them." The woman said.

"I know the people who were taken." Anita said. "I got separated from them a few months ago."

"What happened to your leg?" The woman asked and they both looked at Anita's leg.

"Accidently cut it fighting off a muerto." Anita said, making the women look at her confused. "You probably call them walkers or biters."

"Oh." The woman said. "Those two people mentioned a prison."

"We need to warn them, tell them what's happened." Anita said in concern. She walked over to the red basket that was dropped on the ground and saw tubs of baby formula. "Oh my God. Lori had her baby."

"They have a baby?" The woman asked.

"They do now." Anita nodded. "Wait, why were you watching Merle?"

I was told about a town called Woodbury that was run by a man who calls himself The Governor. Apparently, this Merle guy worked for him. I was also told Andrea was there.

"How do I know you're not one of them?" Anita asked.

"I was hiding from Merle. He's after me. I left Woodbury but they want me back." The woman explained. "They're not good people and now, they've taken two of your friends. They're in danger."

"Okay, we need to find this prison." Anita said, grabbing the basket but accidently putting pressure on her leg, making her wince in pain. The woman then grabbed the basket from her hand.

"I'll carry it. Come on, lean on me." She said and so Anita used the woman as support before they started walking.

"Wait, I never got your name. I'm Anita." Anita said.

"I'm Michonne." She replied.

" She replied