𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡/𝚙𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝚒 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚊'

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇/𝙿𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 - 𝙸 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙴𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝚈𝙰'

All I can remember is running and running as far as I could to lead the group of muertos away from the farm, away from Daryl. I had dropped Daryl's knife so I no longer had any weapons to defend myself. After running for about twenty minutes, I finally felt my legs give out and I fell to the ground.

Anita could definitely hear the groans of the muertos from a distance. They were still following her. It seemed like she was a safe distance away from the farm and away from Daryl. Maybe this was her opportunity. Maybe now, she could finally die. Anita sat by the edge of a tree trunk, waiting for the group of muertos to catch up to her and finally claim her as its dinner.

Whilst she waited, she started thinking. Anita killed two muertos. She was able to protect Daryl and the farm. She finally did something useful, something that would keep the group safe. But would she have to live like this forever? If she stayed alive, would she have to kill muertos for the rest of her life? Would she be able to take all that?

Sighing, she stood up before letting out a yelp when she felt her foot get caught in something and she was lifted into the air, hanging by her leg. "I am not dying caught in a rabbit trap." Anita mumbled before using all of her strength to lift her upper body towards her ankle where it was caught by the rope. After fiddling with the rope for a few minutes, she managed to get it loose enough but realised she had nothing to break her fall but it was too late.

Anita fell to the ground, landing on her head. "Goddammit." Anita mumbled as she pulled herself up and felt her head bleeding. Her vision was slightly blurry. She felt like she was going to pass out. Holding onto her head, she made her way to an old farmhouse she had passed about a mile back. There were still no muertos in sight but she could hear them. When she got to the farmhouse, she staggered inside where she fell to the ground and passed out.

----------

I don't know how long I was passed out for. When I did wake up, my head was throbbing like crazy. I had a horrible headache. It had gotten dark outside which meant I was passed out for a while and I could hear the sound of muertos banging on the walls outside of the farmhouse. I hoped that Daryl was awake and had safely made it back to the farm. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something happened to him because of me.

Anita groaned as he held onto her head. The sound of muertos banging on the walls and the door didn't make her headache feel any better. Anita's chance to die had finally arrived. She appreciated all of Daryl's efforts to keep her alive but Anita needed this.

She sighed and pulled out the Cherokee rose he had given her. She kept it as a little book mark. "I'm sorry. I hope you're okay, that you're alive. Thank you for doing everything in your power to keep me alive. You have no idea how much it means to me." Anita whispered as she stroked the soft petals of the rose. She didn't even realise a tear was falling down her face until it fell onto the rose. She wiped her face and placed the rose back in her bag before looking at the door.