𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

The next day, after Daryl's run with Rick, he returned home and got a good telling off from his daughter. Somehow, she found out that he had read another entry without her.

"No, I didn't." Daryl lied but he made it very obvious. Danita tilted her head and gave him the look. "Okay, I couldn't help myself."

"Dad!" Danita groaned.

"Can I make it up to ya' with hugs and kisses?" Daryl asked before picking his daughter up, hugging her tight and kissing her cheek, making her squeal and laugh.

"No, stop, Dad. You're not getting away with this." Danita said with a smile.

"Yer mom used to let me get away with a lot." Daryl said, making Danita roll her eyes.

"Well, Mom's not here now but I am. You said that whenever I'm naughty, I have to sit on the steps for ten minutes and think about what I've done." Danita said, making Daryl gasp dramatically.

"Yer going to make yer own father sit on the steps?" Daryl asked, pretending like he was hurt.

"No. You have to read that entry to me, plus two more after that. That's your punishment." Danita said.

"Doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me." Daryl said.

"I'm only ten, Dad. I'm trying." Danita said, making Daryl chuckle.

"Okay, fine. I'll read it for you. Where's the d-" Daryl stopped when he saw Danita already holding the purple notebook out to him. "You had this all planned out, didn't you?"

"Maybe." Danita said, looking away with embarrassment.

"Come on." Daryl said and the two sat down on the couch. After reading the last entry to Danita, she couldn't help but groan in disgust.

"Ewwww, a muerto in a tree?" Danita asked.

"It was pretty gross." Daryl said.

"Did you like Mom when you were in the woods?" Danita asked.

"Of course. I liked everyone in the group." Daryl said.

"No, I mean, did you like like her?" Danita asked, making Daryl chuckle.

"I don't really know how I felt back then. All I knew was that I had to keep her alive, even if she hated me for it. Maybe there was something there and I just didn't know it." Daryl shrugged.

"Keep reading. I wanna know what happens next." Danita said excitedly. Daryl smiled and turned onto the next page.

"Dear Diary..."