𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚒 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 - 𝙸 𝙶𝙴𝚃 𝙸𝚃 𝙽𝙾𝚆

Dear Diary,
This morning when I woke up and saw Daryl sleeping peacefully next to me, I couldn't help but remember the events from last night. Daryl and I are in love. That's not a small thing. I have someone in my life worth living for. I'm the luckiest girl in the world and I don't care what anyone thinks.

Anita smiled as she watched Daryl sleeping peacefully next to her. His head was nuzzled in her chest as he took in soft breaths. She played with his dark hair which was starting to grow much longer before planting a kiss on his temple. Anita wanted to capture this moment so she could remember it for the rest of her life so she leaned over from her bunk and pulled her bag towards her, pulling out a polaroid camera she had found over the winter. So far, there was nothing worth taking a picture of but that had changed.

Daryl started to stir a little and opened his eyes, seeing Anita looking up with her arm extended. She was smiling at something and he looked at her with a confused expression on his face. It was until he heard the click of a camera that he finally looked up and saw Anita bringing a polaroid camera towards her and grabbed the picture that was printed. When it had developed, Daryl saw his picture and groaned.

"Oh my God, I look like Bigfoot." He groaned, making Anita let out a small laugh, instantly warming Daryl's heart. As long as Anita was happy, she could take as many horrible photos of him as she wanted. What Daryl didn't know was that he would later on cherish that photo for the rest of his life.

"You look cute." Anita said, making Daryl groan even louder and cuddle into her. "Our first picture as a couple. I love it."

"So, we're a couple?" Daryl asked with a small smirk, making Anita's face fall a little.

"I mean, if you want. I'm not forcing you into anything. I shouldn't have even assumed that-" Anita was cut off with Daryl planting a kiss on her lips. Even when she rambled, Anita was perfect. When they pulled away, Anita's cheeks turned a light shade of pink, making Daryl chuckle and kiss her nose.

"As of last night, we're together." Daryl said, making Anita blush even more and hide her face in his chest. Daryl smiled and just held her in his arms. He couldn't believe it. Daryl Dixon actually had a girlfriend. If someone had told him that when the world went to shit and dead people were eating the living that he would find himself a girlfriend with whom he would fall hopelessly in love with, they would have ended up with an arrow in their shoulder. If Daryl couldn't get a girl before the outbreak, what were the chances that he would get one after but fate....it works in mysterious ways.

Anita sighed happily as she slid her hand towards Daryl's back. Her hand had slid under his shirt and that was when she felt something strange. Daryl had clearly realised what was happening because he had tensed up immediately. Concerned, Anita pulled away from him a little and saw him avoiding eye contact.

"Daryl, what is that?" Anita asked and Daryl said nothing. He didn't like talking about it but this was Anita. He knew he could trust her and so he turned around and lifted up his shirt, revealing several large scars scattered all over his back. Anita gasped in shock as she traced the scars with her finger. His skin on his scars felt rough. It's how she realised there was something on his back. "Wha.....how....how did this happen? Who did this?" She asked, her voice gone much softer and much quieter.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. All those scars on his back, they looked like they were once painful. Who would want to hurt Daryl like that? Why would someone do this? It all makes sense. Why Daryl was closed off, why he didn't want me to hurt myself. It was because someone had hurt him.

"My old man." Daryl said before turning back around to see Anita's face was not as happy as before. "After my old lady died, he got abusive. He would take out his anger on Merle and I. We went through it together. Sometimes, Merle would take some of the beatings meant for me on himself. Eventually, he got sick of it and left, leaving me alone with my dad."

"I'm so sorry." Anita said softly, caressing his cheek as he grew more and more upset. "I get it now. Why you want Merle around. You both faced the world together, went through it together. I get it."

Anita brought Daryl in for a hug, squeezing him tight. All she wanted was to make Daryl feel better. Everything that happened to Daryl, it was all in the past. He didn't have to live in fear of his father anymore but he needed his brother and Anita understood that. She wasn't going to stand in his way.

"I love you." Daryl muttered, still hugging Anita.

"I love you, too. Always." Anita replied.

----------

When everyone had woken up and gotten out of their cells and I finished writing my entry from yesterday, we were all gathered by the table, eating some breakfast. I was getting strange looks from Maggie, Carol, and Glenn for some weird reason.

"Okay, you guys have been looking at me weirdly for the past twenty minutes." Anita said to the three as she put her fork down. "What is going on?"

"Oh, nothing." Carol said with a cheeky smile.

"Well, clearly it's something or you wouldn't be smiling so much." Anita said.

"You had sex, didn't you?" Glenn asked, making Anita's eyes widen.

"What....what?" Anita asked, confused as to how they even knew.

"It's written all over your face. Plus, you're literally glowing." Maggie teased, making Anita's face heat up.

"It was with Daryl, wasn't it?" Carol asked.

"Was it good? How big is he?" Glenn asked, making Anita blush furiously.

"Glenn!" Anita exclaimed in embarrassment.

"We all knew it was going to happen eventually. We all had an ongoing bet of how long it would be until you both had sex." Maggie said, making Anita's eyes widen in surprise.

"You all bet on how long it would take Daryl and I to sleep together?" Anita asked, a little amused.

"Yeah, Maggie, me, Beth, and even Rick predicted it would happen within a week of you returning." Glenn explained. "Carol, Axel, Hershel and Michonne figured it would take longer than a week and we didn't ask Carl obviously, 'cos he's a kid."

Everyone is ridiculous but I have to admit, betting on how long it would take Daryl and I to have sex, it was amusing. I'm glad everyone is trying to have some sort of fun. I'm definitely going to take part in the next group bet.

"I see, and what does the winning team get?" Anita asked.

"The losing team takes the winning team's shifts of keeping watch." Maggie said as Carol pouted. She was on the team that lost.

"You guys are ridiculous." Anita chuckled and as everyone was going back to eating, gunshots were heard from outside, making everyone drop everything and run outside.

" Anita chuckled and as everyone was going back to eating, gunshots were heard from outside, making everyone drop everything and run outside