𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Daryl looked up from the notebook in his hands and saw his little girl had fallen fast asleep. He secretly thanked God that she had fallen asleep because he knew what was going to happen next in the diary and it wasn't exactly PG-13.

He stood up from his seat, left a little kiss on Danita's forehead and left her room. He went to his own room and sat on the edge of the bed, taking deep breaths to prevent any tears from falling. He had lost both Merle and Anita. Sure, he was still surrounded by so many loved ones, Danita, Rick, Michonne, Maggie and so many others but Merle and Anita were the most important people in his life. Daryl and Merle grew up together. Merle always had Daryl's back when it came to their abusive father. Daryl had no-one but Merle. It was always the two Dixon brothers against the world and although it may not have seemed like it, Daryl loved his brother very much.

Anita was the first and only person Daryl fell in love with, the only woman he had opened his heart up to, the only one who allowed him to fully let his guard down. She loved him and he loved her and together, they completed each other. What they had was passionate and hot and real. Anita was also the mother of his child and from there, Daryl felt his heart opening even more. Daryl didn't know just how capable he was of loving another person until Danita came along and from the moment of her birth, Anita and Danita had become Daryl's number one priority. He promised to love and protect them both until the day he died.

Daryl always blamed himself for how Anita died. He blamed himself that Danita didn't have a mother. Michonne and Maggie were like mother figures towards Danita but it was never the same. Daryl always did everything he could to play the role of both mother and father. He never wanted his daughter to feel the void of not having a mother around. Daryl didn't know but Danita noticed this and she appreciated it. She could see how hard her father worked to protect her and love her so much that she doesn't feel the need to miss her mother. But whilst Daryl was doing that, Danita knew he was trying to fill in his own void of her mother being gone.

Like Daryl always made the effort to be there for Danita, Danita always made the effort to be there for Daryl. Just because he was a grown man, it didn't mean he could always handle everything alone. Everyone needs a shoulder to lean on. She knew Daryl missed her mother so just like him, Danita did whatever she could to distract him and it usually worked. Daryl and Danita were a small, little family. They had each other and that's all they needed.

Daryl climbed into bed and grabbed the dark green notebook. He opened it and saw the polaroid picture of himself and his love and stroked her picture with his thumb. He remembered that day vividly and apparently, so did Anita. He went over to the next entry and looked at the two words which would later describe the event that would change both Anita and Daryl's lives forever.

"Dear Diary..."