𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚢𝚕'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕

𝙳𝙰𝚁𝚈𝙻'𝚂 𝚁𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙻𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝚄𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁 𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝚁𝙾𝙻

When Rick and Shane ended up bringing Randall back to the farm after an incident with walkers, Daryl was determined to get answers out of him, one way or another. They were both in the barn and Daryl was busy beating the shit out of Randall, causing his face to swell up and bleed.

"How many in your group?" Daryl asked Randall and when he didn't answer, Daryl pulled a knife out, panicking Randall. "How many?!"

"Thirty. Thirty guys." Randall finally admitted when Daryl pressed the knife onto his already injured leg.

Daryl continued torturing Randall, trying to get out any information he could. After much pain, Randall started talking. "They have weapons, heavy stuff. Automatics. But I didn't do anything."

"You boys shot at my boys, tried to take this farm." Daryl said. He was always going to defend the group, defend Anita. "Ya' just went along for the ride. Ya' tryna tell me you were innocent?"

"Yes!" Randall yelled. "These people took me in. Not just guys, a whole group of them. Men and women. Kids, too, just like you people. Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know? But we go out, scavenge, just the men. One night, we found a little campsite. Man and his two daughters. Teenagers, you know? Real young, real cute."

And that was when Daryl's concern flew through the roof. They had women and children on this farm and Randall was talking about young girls like that. This was definitely a problem that needed solving fast. If anything happened to Lori, Carol, Andrea, Anita, Daryl would never be able to live with himself. Anita especially, she was finally in a good place. She wanted to live, to fight and Daryl was not going to let Randall take that away from her. Not as long as he was breathing.

"The dad had to watch while these guys, they...and they didn't even kill 'em afterwards." Randall continued, only angering Daryl. "They just made him watch."

After hearing Randall's story, he continued beating him up, just as punishment. When he finally got back to camp, he saw everyone surrounded by the fire. Anita was leaning against a tree, talking to Glenn and again, she was smiling. That's all Daryl needed to see to make his day. Everyone's heads turned when they noticed Daryl approaching the group.

"Your boy there's got a gang, thirty men. They got heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends." Daryl explained. "They roll through here, our boys are dead and our women, they're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked as she looked at Daryl's bloody hand.

"We had a little chat." Daryl said before walking off and standing next to Anita. Rick decided that they had to kill Randall, that it was the only solution to keeping everyone safe. Dale went off to talk Rick out of it and Anita looked at Daryl before looking at his hand.

"You had a chat, huh?" She asked sarcastically and Daryl rolled his eyes playfully.

"It was interactive." Daryl said, making Anita chuckle a little. Daryl would do anything just to hear another laugh from her.

"We should probably get your hand cleaned up. Come on." Anita said and Daryl followed her to her tent. She had a bowl of water and a clean hand towel which she dipped in the water. "Give me your hand."

Daryl gave Anita his hand and watched as she cleaned all the blood off it. Her hands were warm and soft and Daryl had to resist the urge to intertwine his fingers with hers.

"So..um....I wanted to talk to you about something." Anita said, still looking down at Daryl's hand and cleaning it.

"Yeah?" Daryl asked, hoping everything was okay. Anita sighed and stopped cleaning before looking up at him, her light brown eyes sparkling in the sunlight, her chocolate brown hair swaying a little in the light breeze. She had recently cut her hair to rest just past her shoulders and they had large curls which Daryl liked very much.

"I....I just wanted to say....that...." Anita said before sighing. "Do you think Rick will actually kill Randall?"

Daryl was a little confused with the question. The way Anita spoke, it sounded as if she wanted to tell him something else. Or maybe he was just thinking too much. "That's what he said. He's better off dead. Trust me." Daryl said and Anita nodded before grabbing a clean bandage and wrapping it around Daryl's hand.

"All better." Anita said.

"Thanks." Daryl said.

----------

At the end of the day, the group had come together to decide whether or not they should kill Randall. Dale was the only one that wanted to keep him alive. Everyone else pretty much wanted him dead. Daryl especially. He didn't want to risk Randall getting loose, escaping and hurting the women, especially Anita. He cared about her a lot, maybe a lot more than he should have.

Daryl didn't see Anita as a friend. Well, he did but there was something else, too. Something he never really saw when he looked at other women. He tried to keep whatever these feelings were to himself, under his control but as soon as he laid eyes on her, he just couldn't.

After deciding to kill Randall, the men went to the barn to kill him but Rick backed out at the last second because Carl wanted to watch. On top of everything that was going on, Dale had been attacked by a walker, killing him. It was quite an intense day and that reminded Daryl that now was not the time to be wondering about his feelings. Now was the time to defend camp, defend the group.

But as much as he tried not to think about Anita, pretty soon, she had tattooed herself onto his brain.