𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚒'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚔𝚎

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾 - 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝙹𝙾𝙺𝙴

Dear Diary,
Today was a rollercoaster of a day. I was close to killing myself but here I am, alive and well. The person who saved me, my own version of Aladdin, Daryl. How did this all happen? Well, let me explain. I woke up the next morning still at the CDC after a nightmare I had had.

Anita breathed heavily as she sat up in bed, remembering her nightmare. Whenever she closed her eyes, she saw her family being torn apart by muertos. She heard their screams and cries and then she remembered how she couldn't do anything to save them. She felt like she had failed her parents, her brother. Maybe if she had learned how to defend themselves against the muertos, her family would still be alive.

She wiped a tear and got up from the bed. She couldn't even remember when the last time she slept in a bed was. Anita brushed her teeth, changed her clothes, brushed her hair before going downstairs to see a few of the group members eating breakfast, most of them had a hangover. Glenn was groaning about it as T-Dog gave him some eggs.

"Hey, made some eggs. Powdered but I do 'em good. I'm T-Dog, by the way." He said as he put some eggs on Anita's plate.

"Anita. Thank you." She said quietly before he smiled and walked away.

"Don't ever, ever, ever let me drink again." Glenn groaned, holding onto his head. That was one reason Anita was glad she wasn't drinking.

"Shane, what happened to your face?" Rick asked as the black haired man walked inside. He had bright red scratches on his face.

"I must've done it in my sleep." Shane said as he took a seat next to Anita. He looked at her and she gave him a small smile before going back to eating. Anita looked around the group and realised Daryl wasn't there. He must've still been sleeping off the alcohol.

"Hey Doc." T-Dog said as Jenner walked into the room and helped himself to some breakfast.

"I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing..." The old man known as Dale said.

"But you will." Jenner said.

"We didn't come here for the eggs." The blonde woman known as Andrea said as Daryl walked inside. Anita and Daryl spotted each other. Anita had no idea if Daryl remembered their conversation from the night before. It was pretty embarrassing. Admitting to him that she hadn't been in a relationship before, that she hadn't had sex before. What was she thinking? Daryl gave her a little nod in acknowledgement but that still didn't give Anita any idea of if he remembered or not.

----------

When everyone finished eating breakfast, the doctor led us into the main room where he explained what happened to the brain when a person died and how it resurrects. Seeing everything on the big screen and knowing that's what happened to my mom, my dad and my brother, knowing that they're muertos, it made me crack a little inside.