𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡 - 𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 - 𝚉𝙴𝚁𝙾 𝚂𝚄𝚁𝚅𝙸𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝚂𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻𝚂

Dear Diary,
I had the wildest day I've ever had since this outbreak started. I did something today, something I never thought I would do. I killed a muerto all by myself for the first time today, something I never thought I would ever be able to do. How exactly did I find myself in this scenario? Well, it all started this morning when Rick had gathered Daryl, me, Andrea, and T-Dog around the hood of a car so we could talk about where we could find Sophia. Of course, I had to tag along with Daryl.

"If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl and Anita found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far." Rick said to the group as he pointed at a map.

"I'd like to help." The young guy named Jimmy said as he approached. "I know the area pretty well and stuff."

I have to admit, Jimmy is pretty cute but I heard he's dating the younger daughter of Hershel, Beth. I'm not the kind of girl that tries to steal other girls' men. Hell, I've never even had a boyfriend before.

Rick agreed to let Jimmy help and Shane approached, doubting what Anita and Daryl found indicated that it was left behind by Sophia. Daryl was quick to defend his point though. He knew it had to be Sophia and Anita had a feeling she was there, too.

"Jasmine and I will borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, get a bird's eye view of the whole grid." Daryl said.

"Good idea. Maybe you'll see your Chupacabra up there, too." T-Dog said, making everyone look at him in confusion.

"I'm sorry, what?" Anita asked.

"You never heard this? The first night we camped, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a Chupacabra." Dale explained as he handed Rick a gun. Jimmy let out a small laugh.

"What are you braying at, jackass?" Daryl asked him.

"So you believe in a blood-sucking dog?" Rick asked.

"Do you believe in dead people walking around?" Daryl asked. Anita believed he had a point. In this world, anything was now possible.

----------

Daryl and I had found a horse in the barn to take out to look for Sophia. I felt a little awkward sitting behind him with my arms around his waist. I feel like we've been getting closer over the last couple of days with all this time we've been spending together and I worry that the more time I spend with him, the harder it's going to be for me when I finally get the chance to die.

As Anita and Daryl had a little look around on the horse, Daryl spotted a little stream at the bottom of a hill. "You think she could be there?" Anita asked him.

"No harm in checking it out." Daryl said. They both got off the horse and slowly made their way down the hill towards the stream. Anywhere that had water would attract people that were lost. Sophia could be thirsty and so she may have gone to the stream to get something to drink. "Here, look."

Daryl picked up a dirty, wet doll sitting by the water. "That's Sophia's, isn't it?" Anita asked, making him nod.

Finding Sophia's doll gave me a little hope that we would soon find her. The thought of that little girl being lost, alone, scared in the woods, it breaks my heart.

Daryl and Anita called out to Sophia to see if she was nearby but they got no response. Maybe she had left a while ago. Maybe she was hiding somewhere else so Daryl and Anita decided to get back to the horse and search another area nearby.

As they looked around, a group of crows flew out of nowhere, making Anita jump and tighten her grip on Daryl. "Well, that was embarrassing." Anita said when she realised it was just birds. Daryl let out a small laugh as they continued looking around. That was when the horse freaked out upon seeing a snake on the ground, causing both Daryl and Anita to fall off the horse and go tumbling down the hill before landing in the lake.

Anita held onto her head in pain. She had a small gash on her forehead, making her bleed a little but she didn't get any serious injuries.

"Son of a bitch." Anita heard Daryl groan, making her sit up and check on Daryl.

"Daryl, are you okay?" She asked. She noticed him holding onto his side and saw he had landed on one of his arrows. His blood was slowly spilling into the lake, causing Anita's eyes to widen in shock.

In that moment, I knew I had to help Daryl somehow. I was scared and panicked and confused and I hoped whatever I did next wouldn't make things worse. He looked like he was in a lot of pain with that arrow in him so I gathered all of my strength and pulled him out of the lake and onto dry land.

"I....I don't know what to do, Daryl." Anita said as she watched Daryl groaning in pain. He pulled out a knife and handed it to her.

"Cut off....my sleeves. Tie it round here." Daryl said as he pointed to his side where the arrow was. "It needs pressure or I'll bleed out."

Anita nodded quickly before using the knife to cut off the sleeves to his shirt. When they were both cut, she used the sleeves and tied them around his waist, making him groan. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Anita said but Daryl shook his head.

"Yer okay?" He asked when he spotted her gash on her forehead.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine. We need to leave. We need to get you to Hershel." Anita said, making Daryl nod. They both got up and made their way to the end of the hill where they would have to climb up. "Are you sure we can do this?" Anita asked before looking at Daryl who was grabbing large sticks.

He started trying to climb up so Anita began following him, only for him to lose his grip and fall again. "Daryl!" Anita called out and went back down the hill. She ran over to him but he was passed out, most likely from the pain. Anita didn't know what to do. She was stuck with a passed out Daryl and zero survival skills.

What was she going to do?