𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚗 - 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞

𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝚃𝙴𝙽 - 𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙷𝙸𝙼 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄

Dear Diary,
Today is the day that I've realised that I have feelings for Daryl. I can't say I don't know how it happened because that's not the case. All the time we've spent together, all those little moments we've had, I know they've all played a part in this. I'm definitely not planning on telling him anytime soon. There's no way he could ever fall for a girl like me. I'm just glad I have him as a friend. Anyways, I can never act on my feelings. My dad always told me I couldn't be in a relationship. He said it was a distraction and I shouldn't be with anyone unless I was planning on marrying them. I know that doesn't really matter in a world like this but I wanna honour that teaching of his. Daryl and I are NEVER going to happen.

Whilst Shane and Rick had left the farm to drop Randall off somewhere far, the rest of the group were staying put at the farm. Anita was in the stables, stroking one of the horses. She always loved horses as a child. She begged her father for a pony when she was younger but she never got one for obvious reasons.

"How did I get myself into this, huh?" Anita said to the horse as she stroked its mane. "Now I have to live with the fact that me and him are never gonna happen. God is really testing me."

"You and who are never gonna happen?" Anita heard, making her jump and turn around to see Maggie.

"Oh, Maggie. Sorry, you scared me. How's Beth doing?" Anita asked, referring to Beth still being in shock.

"My dad's taking care of her. Hopefully, she'll be okay soon." Maggie said as she went over to the horse. "Who were you talking about?"

"Um...no-one. No-one at all." Anita said, avoiding eye contact and Maggie smirked a little.

"Now that, right there, is a big fat lie." Maggie said. "Who do you have a crush on?"

"Shouldn't you be making out with Glenn right about now?" Anita asked, making Maggie sigh. "Oh, did something happen?"

Maggie explained everything that happened between her and Glenn. Apparently, when he, Rick and Hershel were fighting off Randall's men, Glenn hid instead of fighting for the others because he was thinking about how Maggie would feel if he died because she told him she loves him. He felt like he was being selfish and was trying to distance himself from her. I can understand Glenn's point of view but at the same time, pushing the person who loves you away, it's not gonna solve anything. It'll only make things worse.

"I don't know if I should apologise to him." Maggie said, making Anita shake her head.

"No, you love Glenn. That's nothing to be sorry about. It just means Glenn cares about you. He doesn't wanna hurt you. He's a good guy and he'll definitely come around. Let him come to you. Has he told you he loves you?" Anita asked, making Maggie shake her head. "He'll tell you with time. I know Glenn. He'll do anything to protect the people he loves and I know you're at the top of his list."

"Thanks, Anita." Maggie smiled. "Now, I've told you everything about me. You can at least tell me who you like."

Anita blushed and looked at the ground. "Daryl...kinda." Anita practically whispered, making Maggie squeal.

I have to admit, telling Maggie how I feel felt like I had just lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. I like Maggie a lot and I know I can trust her with my little secret.

"Oh my God, I knew it!" She squealed excitedly. "You two are always together. I knew you were bound to catch feelings for each other eventually."

"I don't know if he feels the same. I doubt it." Anita sighed and she left the horse alone.

"Why wouldn't he? You're so beautiful. Plus, I've seen how he looks at you, especially when you're not looking." Maggie said, making Anita's heart skip a beat.

"Really?" Anita asked with a little hope in her voice.

"Yeah, he looks at you like you're the most mesmerising thing in the world. Even Glenn noticed. He was the one that told me. He and I both think Daryl feels something towards you." Maggie said, making Anita blush and look at the ground again.

"But Daryl isn't the kind of person to let his guard down like that." Anita said.

"He's different around you. Much more relaxed and less tense." Maggie said.

"We...um...we kinda had this moment yesterday. I don't know what it was but...it was something." Anita admitted.

"That just proves my point. There's definitely something there. Like you told me, let him come to you. When he's ready, he'll come around." Maggie said.

"Something will come along for ya', something worth living for. Ya' just have to wait long enough for it to come to ya'."

Anita bit her bottom lip as she remembered what Daryl said to her. Was Daryl the thing that Anita was meant to live for? Was the answer right in front of her this whole time?

 Was Daryl the thing that Anita was meant to live for? Was the answer right in front of her this whole time?