𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙰𝙻 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

"Danita?" The little girl heard, making her jump from her seat in her bed and look up from the diary to see her dad standing by the door, shaking his head.

"Um....it's the three little pigs?" Danita said, making Daryl chuckle as he walked inside. "Okay, you got me. I wanted to read more. I'm up to the part where you all found Sophia in the barn and then Mom decided she wasn't going to hurt herself anymore. She took your advice."

"Of course, she did." Daryl said as he sat on the bed in front of Danita. "You wouldn't be here if she didn't."

"I hope I'll be like you when I'm older. You never gave up on Mom. I wanna be like that." Danita said, making Daryl smile wide and hold his daughter in arms.

"Yer gonna be even better than me, that I'm sure of. I know your mom is so proud of the girl you've become." Daryl said, making Danita smile.

"Do you ever miss her?" She asked.

"Every single day. I wish she was here every day but God blessed me with you. Couldn't ask for anything more." Daryl said.

"I love you, Dad." Danita smiled before kissing his cheek.

"I love you, too." Daryl said, hugging her tight. His daughter was all he had left of the woman he loved. His daughter was everything to Daryl and he was always going to protect her until he breathed his last breath. "Now, let's carry on where you left off."

Danita squealed and made some space in her bed so Daryl sat next to her and opened the notebook to the next entry before reading aloud.

"Dear Diary..."