Chapter 75

"You're lucky there are no reporters here to see this disgraceful act of yours." Jessica smirked and folded her hands.

"Liar." October said immediately. She didn't have to look around the hall to know that Jessica had perfectly hidden a reporter, if not more than one, to watch the whole scene.

"You're right." Jessica smiled wider. "Okay, I admit it, it's true. There's someone watching. Just admit you stole it and it'll be okay. Admit you stole now and return the necklace before more people find out and it gets out of hand."

October chuckled at the hilariousness of what Jessica had said.
"So what? I'd steal the necklace and wear it to the gala I stole it from? How would I even know where the necklace was smarty pants? Considering that it's worth much, wouldn't there even be security guarding where it is? Then you consider this. I walked into this hotel today with this necklace, so how would I have gotten the necklace if it probably just arrived here today for the gala?"

"Beats me too." Jessica shrugged. " But when people start looking for it, every sense of reasoning would leave once that is found to be original." She pointed at the necklace on October's neck. "You could have walked in here with it proudly because you knew no one was aware Louis Verano was going to auction...."

"So if no one knows, how do you?" October cut her off. "Why are you the one questioning me instead of the owner or even his workers? How did you know he was auctioning it? How did you know it was missing? You're the only one who has approached me concerning this matter." October's eyes moved to Amanda who had been silent since they had come to her. "And her."

"Don't try to deviate October."

"What you believe is your business. I don't care. My mother got this as a gift."

"And who gifted it? Oprah? The Queen of England?" Jessica rolled her eyes. "Maybe your mum's the thief." She muttered loudly so October could hear.

"Mannerless pig says what?" October took a step towards her.

"I'm just stating the obvious here." Jessica rose her hands in the air like she was innocent. "Why don't you call your mother and ask? I'm sure she'll explain." Jessica had this mocking look on her face.

October didn't want to bother Adesuwa. She had to leave the gala early and with all the worry, she didn't want to add this to the list.
"And what if it's a fake? It's not like it would be a new thing for me." October said it so casually. "So what would you have to say then?"

"I'd sincerely apologise." Jessica touched her chest.

October scoffed. She seemed so sure.
"I don't have time for this. My 'date' is waiting." She laid emphasis on the date, reminding Jessica once again that she had not lost regardless of what she did with Damien. She was sure Jessica had read between the lines because a corner of Jessica's lips turned upwards a bit in a small smile before she frowned.

October turned to leave, but she halted and turned back.
"Just so you know, as you spew out evil words, there's this - - throbbing vein in your neck. Kinda makes me tempted to - you know - " October used her hands to enclose her neck and acted like she was strangling herself.

Jessica and Amanda just watched her like she was crazy. October began to laugh hysterically.

"You won't be laughing that long." Jessica scowled. October stopped laughing when she noticed Jessica was looking at something behind her. She turned when she heard footsteps approaching.

There were four men making their way towards them, one of them being a foreign man dressed in a suit. The others were Nigerians dressed in uniforms. Security.