Chapter 50

"I can't believe this." Majesty rubbed her arms as she got down from the jeepney. "We're in the Philippines doesn't mean we should use their public transport."
It was late in the evening, but the streets had been illuminated well enough.

The rest of the girls came out of the jeepney too, all except October. Sharmaine had instructed that the last two days of their reunion had to be the best and they shouldn't be moping around. She had permitted October to stay behind though, since she was not ready to associate with anyone yet. They had already been on their tour around states and their various towns, they had visited the Paseo de la princesa, La Fortaleza, Condado beach and the Museo de las Américas amongst others, and they decided to visit one more spot- La Cocina de Tita Moning. It was one of the best restaurants in the Philippines.

"This makes it more fun. Even the guys are doing it too." Joan said.

"Yeah," Vera laughed as they all stood facing an the huge entrance to an amusement park on the opposite side of their road. "Imagine Aaron and Damien using public transportation; even Crown."

"Speaking of the guys, where are they?" Jessica asked and Adaeze rolled her eyes from behind her. Sharmaine noticed and gave her a look of disapproval.

"They might take a while. They're going to this place, and they'll meet us back at the resort. Oh, and tomorrow we're going zip lining." Sharmaine answered.

"We're doing that? Shar, I'm afraid of heights." Stephanie groaned.

"I know, right?" Sharmaine laughed. "Let's cross."

******************************

"For the record, I'm only here because I'm not a fan of staying at big places alone... without anybody..... all by myself." October pouted as she relaxed herself on the passenger seat of the car Uyi was driving. They were the only ones in the car. Uyi had to do a lot of convincing, though it was originally Aaron's idea, for October to leave the resort. Since all of the others had left already, he had to drive there.

"For the record, alone's the same thing as without anybody, or all by yourself." Uyi smirked as he turned to look at her. "October Obianuju Obiakor, what are you hiding? What are you saying indirectly?"

"It's just October Obianuju now." October cleared her throat.

"Ah, you're disowning your family name now?" He chuckled and turned back to the road.

"It could be October Obianuju Matthews." October grinned.

"You and who? Are you related to me?"

"Turn left." A computerized voice came from the car and Uyi did when he approached a junction.

She scoffed.
"Are you the only Matthews in the world?"

"Oya, October Obianuju Ekwegh." Uyi said and she glared at him. "He's not the only Ekwegh in the world." He shrugged, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"You have arrived at 'The Men'." The voice of the GPS said again.

"Don't you dare. Don't even mention him near me again." October warned him. He was still trying to hold back his laughter when he pulled up in the parking lot of the big building beside them.

"Well, at this point, since you point blank refused to join us men here, you'll have to stay in the car. And I'm giving the keys to the security guy." He turned off the car engine. "One of us will pick it up later, but I'm leaving the car doors open." He made sure he added that part because knowing October, she was going to panic and then faint. She was THAT claustrophobic when she was in locked places. She wouldn't feel it if she was in an elevator, unless it got stuck with her in it.

Uyi alighted from the car and took out his jacket. He closed the door to the driver's seat and waved the keys in front of her face before he walked away.

October sighed. This was going to be a long day.

Then it hit her. Her phone! She had left it in Uyi's jacket; and he had gone too far for her to chase after him. She groaned and face palmed herself. Well, it's not like she needed it anyways. She wasn't really in the mood for social media. She alighted from the car also. She strolled out of the parking lot and looked around, trying to find something amusing.

She took in some details about the environment before her gaze landed on the small cinema a few paces away. There were not much people around it. A movie....exactly what she needed. She dipped her hand into her pocket and recovered a few pisos. That would do. She smiled and headed for the cinema. She would be back before they were done.

********************

October slowly opened her eyes and then rubbed them. She looked around the room. The screen was off and the lights were back on, which meant that the movie was over. From what she could remember, she had only watched like ten minutes of the movie. Had she slept throughout the movie?

She sat up. The lights were still on though.

But wait, nobody was around.

She glanced at her wristwatch. It was ten minutes past ten o' clock. Knowing the guys, they were probably still where they were, watching matches or playing basketball, or whatever she guessed guys did.

She sighed and stood up to walk out when she tripped. She braced herself to hit the ground, but was surprised when she didn't.

Her head turned from the side, and then to what had stopped her from falling, or rather who.

"The movie was nice, but I don't think it was the same for you." Damien winked, still holding her in that same position above the ground.

October blinked twice. What was this? Had he followed her here? How did he know where she was? She was dumbfounded. She didn't even move a muscle.

"We're getting used to this kind of trip-and-catch situation, aren't we?" He grinned.

He slowly let her stand on her feet. And then she snapped out of it. Before he could say anything else, she pushed him. All the anger she felt for him, suddenly came alive. He had threatened her with the job because of Jessica. He hated her after she had gotten to like him. He trusted Jessica, he chose Jessica.

Damien rose an eyebrow.
"Is this what I get for saving you? Not even a 'thank you'?"

She scoffed.
"Don't you ever come near me, you disgusting cocky....."

And as if it was just on cue, the lights in the room went off.

October's breath hitched. Her words got stuck in her throat. The lights had gone off. Were they..... shutting down the place?

"No, no, no, no." She tried to find her way towards the door, ignoring Damien's presence totally. She took a deep breath and turned the door handle. It didn't comply. She inhaled and exhaled, repeating the process more than normal. She had to process what was happening. She fidgeted with her fingers.

Another light came on, this one dimmer and she turned towards its direction. It was Damien's phone that was providing light now. Her gaze caught Damien's. He was just standing there, looking at her like he was trying to read her. She paused her finger movements.

He was here. He had given her a hint that he had watched the movie. He had been awake. So why hadn't he woken her up when they had probably announced they were closing? What was really going on?

She held her chest. Everywhere was so hot all of a sudden. Her heart began racing. She was finding it not so easy to breathe now. Her breaths came out slowly. She was so scared as she began to look around.

"Hey." Damien noticed. "Hey." He walked towards her. October moved further away so he wouldn't come closer.

"Don't you dare move, October." Damien caught up with her and pulled her arm.

A/N:
For those of you wondering, yes their reunion is still on.
Feel free to point out any part that needs editing.

You know the drill😉