Chapter 12

October knocked on Damien's office door and made sure she heard a 'come in' before she went in. Damien's gaze left his laptop the moment she walked in.

She stopped in her tracks, her eyes fixated on him.

Was it just her or did he look hotter today? There was something about the way his turtleneck sweater hugged his body and showed off his......

"Yes?" He rose an eyebrow.

She cleared her throat.

"Your SIM card, sir." She dropped it on the table carefully.

He stared at the SIM card and his lips slowly turned to form a huge frown.
"Is this supposed to be a joke?"

"Mmmn?" October asked confused.

"Where's my phone?"

Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion.
"Your- -?"

"Where's my phone?" He repeated.

"Sir, I thought you wanted only the SIM card?"

"Are you that dumb?" He asked.

"Ehn?" She was so confused.

"Do you think I waste money?" He rubbed his temples.

"Sir, you said- -"

"To let the sim card be intact! Don't you know my phone's brand is resistant to water for up to an hour?"

October's lips formed an 'o' but it didn't come out voiced.  So that was why the phone was still good.

"Where is it?"

"I - -" She scratched her braided hair.
"Sir - I -" she cleared her throat and squeaked,
"I sold it."

              * * * * * * * * * *

"Thank you so much, you're a life saver." October hugged Aaron and took the shopping bag from him.

"No problem." Aaron said. "I thought you were a Samsung user. What happened to your phone?"

"It's not for me." October asked.

"What do you mean?" Aaron asked her. "Did you just use me to buy a phone for someone?" He paused and shrugged.

"Anyways, do what you want with it." He put the other shopping bag he had come with in her hand.

"What is this?"She opened the bag. Her eyes widened when she saw the gown inside.

"Something sexy." Aaron replied.

"For moi? I'm touched."

"Mum wants you to wear it."

"Eh?"

"To Damien's welcome back party tonight. It's an 'all friends included' something and dad wants to make sure you attend." Aaron added.

"You should know that by now, I'm not an 'all friends included' person on Damien's list." October said.

"But you're part of the family, and we're family friends."

"I'll come on one condition. Give me twenty thousand."
It came to bribing now.

"No. I spent money to buy you this phone, a lot of money. Not a single kobo will I give to you next week. I bought this out of my savings."

"Aren't you a rich boy?" October rose her eyebrows.

"The answer's no, October."

October scowled and then looked behind him, above his shoulder. She suddenly gasped.

"What?" Aaron tried to turn.

"Don't look. There's someone watching. I know that man. Quick! Give me your jacket- - and your shoes."

"Why?" he tried to turn to look again.

"Quickly! The man is looking!" She whispered loudly.

He hesitantly took off his leather jacket and Italian leather shoes.

"I don't understand how my clothing has to do with some guy - -"

"Cover me with the jacket." She cut him off.

Aaron threw the jacket over her shoulders and handed her the shoes. She took some steps backward and away from him. It wasn't until she smiled, waved the shoes at him and said 'I love you' that Aaron knew that yes, his jacket and shoes were gone for good. There was no man standing behind watching them. She was going to sell his clothing. She had duped him.....again.

A/N

Kobo: The Nigerian currency. 100 kobos make a naira. It's just like cents and dollars.

If you enjoyed,you're a star🌟 so click the star at the bottom of this chapter. Constructive criticism is allowed....

C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-V-E criticism.

Enjoy and stay blessed 😘😘 😘