Chapter 38

October started at Damien with the corner of her eyes. She was lying down on one of the sunbeds in the pool area, some of her friends were there also. He had been talking to Jessica and it seemed like they were having fun.

He had given her a few glances since they had been there. She was just hiding her gaze beneath her sunglasses as she pretended not to notice them, the gentle breeze caressing her shirt.

Aaron was in the water with the others while she, Damien and Jessica were sitting on sunbeds at the pool side. Damien was sitting on his sunbed beside Jessica's. And now, he was making skin contact with her. October was literally taking in every detail in their conversation; She didn't even know why.

And then again, his gaze went towards her direction, then away. The music came on and the ones in the pool cheered.

October almost jumped out of her skin when someone snapped his fingers directly in front of her. She pouted when she realised who it was and she tackled him to the floor. Uyi fell, as he was not expecting that.

He sat up on the floor, laughing.
"Wonder woman. Iron lady." He flicked October's forehead.

"If I slap you, you will regret ever coming here." October laughed too.

"How, please?" Uyi asked, still on the floor.

"You will know." October replied and smirked.

"And what were you so lost in that you looked like you were going to claw your way out of your skin when I snapped my fingers in your face?"

"None of your business." October turned away from him but he stood up and sat down beside her on the sunbed as she relaxed.

"It's him, right?" He took off her sunglasses.

"For real?" October asked him, sitting up.

"What? You don't need them." He paused and suddenly smirked.
"Or maybe you do." He looked at Damien and Jessica.

"Shut up." October smiled, grabbing her sunglasses from him.

"You want to make him notice you?" Uyi's smirk grew bigger. October didn't answer. "He already has noticed you though. He has been sparing you glances for a while now. I observe a lot of things."

October knew it was true. Uyi was always the one to observe people.

"And I bet you that he wants to know if you like me. He wants to know what we're talking about." Uyi said. "Don't look." He said when he noticed that October was about to turn. "Don't show what you feel yet."

October looked at them with the corner of her eyes. She watched Damien take off his shirt and put it over Jessica, as she was putting on a bikini. She saw as Jessica pecked him.

October sighed and turned to Uyi.
"I don't have feelings for him."

"You can't lie to me OC, even if you lie to yourself." Uyi stood up and drew her up. "Now, let's take your mind off that." He drew her up. "The water's warm."

"No." October smiled. "You know I don't swim. And I don't want to get my shorts wet." She looked at herself.

"But you can swim." Uyi said. "I'm going to throw you in."

October laughed.
"Don't you dare."

He pulled her to the edge.
"And by the way, you are not the only one who has noticed something. The observer," she referred to him as she whispered in his ear, "Has failed to observe someone who is observing him."

Her eyes moved to Majesty who was staring at Uyi from the pool as she was beside her twin brother. Uyi's eyes followed and at that moment, October pushed him into the pool.

"Really?" Uyi asked and October laughed. He joined her to laugh and pulled her in too by her legs.

A/N
Update here again
❤❤@chaymurphy
Thank you all so much
Read, enjoy and stay blessed😘😘