Chapter 84

Olivia squealed as October walked into the compound behind her, the gates closing after them.
"October, you hit it big." Olivia playfully hit her, giddy like she was the one with everything October had. "I mean, a Maybach, a luxury apartment with a modern fence, and head of a renovation company? Mehn, if your dad was my dad, I would have forgiven him long ago."

October gave her the side eye.
"We can always exchange" she shrugged.

"Really? We can?" Olivia grabbed her arm.

"See your teeth." October walked past the flower pots on both sides that formed an aisle leading to the apartment, prompting Olivia to walk with her.

"I wish I had a brother like Aaron—"

October tapped her keycard on the reader.

"Well if I can't have one like him, I'll just marry him. Is he still with Anne?"

October pulled the door open.

"Tell him I can be a second wife, I'm not picky..." Olivia stopped her blabbing as her mouth dropped open.

"You can gawk. There are no flies around." October left her standing at the door and walked in.

It took Olivia moments before she snapped out of her trance and rushed in. She started to scan the place in awe.

The interiors were bathed in natural light, courtesy of floor-to-ceiling windows that seamlessly blend with the sleek, minimalistic design of the house. On the walls were large picture frames of Nigerian art adorning the walls and creating a fusion of tradition and contemporary aesthetics. The living space featured custom-designed furniture upholstered in rich, locally sourced fabrics and a state-of-the-art entertainment system. The kitchen itself— well it was a chef's dream— white walls, spacious, equipped with top-of-the-line appliances and a marble-topped island.

A master bedroom was on the other side of the living space, connecting with a smaller bedroom that contained a medium-sized bookshelf. That seemed more like a private sanctuary. The house was already furnished, and it was a symphony of elegance, cultural influence, and technology.

Olivia hadn't even gotten started on the closet and she was blabbing about how amazing the space was.

October plopped on one of the sofas with a glass of juice in her hands which she had made while Olivia had been busy exploring. She had familiarized herself with the place already; afterall, she had moved in two days before.

"Other people have a brother, I have a fish." Olivia shook her head.

October paused for a second and raised an eyebrow.
"Your brother's ten."

"Even though." Olivia sat down on a sofa across from her. "Do you know how lucky you are? Everything was already waiting to be handed over to you the moment you said "yes" to your father again."

October rolled her eyes
Here we go again.

"Wait. Do you have the whole apartment to yourself?" Olivia changed the topic before she could start ranting.

"Unfortunately, no." October sighed. "Some random dude owns it, I think. He's been here for a while."

"Too bad. I wanted to go see what it looked like."

"Probably the same features. Only thing different would be the equipment or designs." she took a sip from her juice.

"You haven't told me how your homecoming pa—"

As if on cue, there were sudden resonating beats of loud music emanating from the floor above, filling the air with an energetic pulse.

"Ha." October dropped the glass in her hands. "This person has started again."

Olivia snickered.
"You don go rent house with DJ as neighbor."

"Please oh." October looked at the ceiling like it was glass and she could see the person on the other side.

"It's fine. If it's too much, you can just go and knock and tell whoever it is to tone it down. If he doesn't, you can tell Aaron and have him do something about it." Olivia suggested.

"I don't want to talk to the person abeg. I don't have that courage." October ran her hands through her hair. "But at least he should have sense nau. I moved in here two days ago and it's been the same everyday. I'm very sure he knows I've moved in."

Olivia smirked.
"This is about to turn into a Wattpad enemy-to-lovers neighbor trope."

"Oh please." October scoffed.

Olivia cleared her throat.
"I think I've seen this film before. The ending was great."

"Sure."

Olivia chuckled.
"So when are you starting work?"

"Maybe next week." October sank into the sofa and Olivia reached for her juice.

*************

A/N: I am aware that some of you were not able to see this earlier on. I apologize for the inconvenience guys.