Chapter 65

October tossed and turned on the bed as she was sure someone was deliberately doing all they could to wake her up.

"Babe, stand up!" Olivia began to drag her off the bed by pulling her legs. October sat up quickly.

"What?!"

"You have got to see this." Olivia pulled her up admist her mumbling and carried her along to the living room. October rubbed her eyes. Couldn't what she wanted to show her wait for..... like forever?

"I don't know about you going to work but I have to get out of here." Olivia said as they got to the front door. Olivia took a deep breath then pushed the door open and October froze immediately.

What in the world....

"There she is."

In an instant, the cameras began flashing and shuttering sounds were heard.

October couldn't even scream at the sight of the crowd of journalists in her compound. It dawned on her that she was still her pajamas. Some of the journalists began to rush to her to ask her questions.

"Miss Obiakor, is it true that your father has accepted to take you back?"

"What caused the sudden change in your father's mind?"

"Will you be taking over O&R?"

"One at a time please." Olivia looked like she was ready and eager to answer the questions thrown at her.

October was shocked. Where did they all come from? How fast did news travel? How did they even know?
The clicks were so disturbing.

All of a sudden, there was a split in the crowd and soon she found out why as she noticed a group of dark-suited men making their way towards her. Kcee was the one leading them as they pushed through the journalists who were like a swarm of bees to get to her. October was somewhat relieved when she saw Kcee. At least there was someone to help her with these people.

"Miss October, we need you to come with us."

******************

October glanced at the gigantic wall clock as she tapped her feet impatiently. Jim had not uttered a word since she got into his deluxe hospital room. He just kept on reading the newspaper in his hands as he relaxed on his bed. What did he have on his mind? Why was she here?

She knew he knew that he was not fooling her by pretending to be interested in what was in the newspaper. His eyes had been stuck in the same page since she arrived, meaning he had to be thinking about something.

"Have you seen the outburst from the media?" As if reading her mind, Jim asked, flipping through the pages of the newspaper.

Of course she had. She didn't even know how, but all of a sudden it was like the modeling agency she used to work with magically had her number. But if there was one thing she knew about the agents she used to work with was that they were like leeches. Once you were important, they would never let you go.

"I woke up to reporters at my front door." She answered. "I don't need to ponder on how news got out that I was coming back home."

"You're right." Jim nodded and closed the newspaper. "I'm sure you're curious as to why I called you here. Let me ease you of that burden." He smiled. "Come in." He called out.

October wondered who he was talking to until two guards walked into the room. They stopped at the entry.

"As from today, they are yours." He gestured to them.

October rubbed her forehead.
"I'm sure I don't need guards."

"After the dinner, you will."

She rose an eyebrow.
"What dinner?"

"Five days from now a dinner party is going to be held in celebration of your return. During the event, I'm going to announce that you're taking over the family business."

October's mouth dropped open.
"I'm sorry?" She wasn't sure she had heard right.

"You don't need to worry, there'll be an interim successor for a while till you're ready to handle it."

"Sir, don't take this the wrong way but I'm only coming back home to get what I had. I have no interest in running O&R whatsoever. I know nothing about that type of business. I can't fulfill that request, I'm sorry." October stood up.

"At this point you might still hold grudges against me, but I think you should know that at this point also, you're the only one I'm bent on leaving the company for. If you don't take it, it's going down the drain."

"You have Aaron. There's also a Lawrence and Leslie. It's not like I'm essential in the business. Aaron's been a part of it for a while. He should run it."

Jim needed to think fast. He needed to win her over. He sighed.
"It's my dying wish."
And there it was, his trump card.

A/N
Wanted to keep this one till I had written down some other ones, but manage😫
P.S, I can't remember your names but those of you who vote on every single chapter, you all are officially my number ones if you know what I mean😉