Chapter 63

"Come on October." Damien crossed his legs as he watched October work with the mop. "Talk to me. Relieve yourself of all this stress."

She paused and gave him a death glare but said nothing.

"Hey. It's not like I did it on purpose." He shrugged.

"You know you did you liar." She couldn't believe he had almost flooded the whole living room.

"If you can't prove it, you can't blame me."

"This was your stupid idea to cheer me up? Look at me. Do I look happy? Do I look 'cheered up' to you? Do I?" She rose her eyebrow. Her voice sounded so strained. She was so frustrated now.

"Definitely not." Damien said to annoy her more. "I didn't ask you to mop it."

"So what? Am I supposed to leave it like this? It's my brother's house. Do you want to walk around with the water like this?" She eyed him and continued mopping up the water.

"I thought you were a mermaid or something. Guess I was wrong." He smiled.

"You're lucky I don't have your time. This is all Aaron's fault. I wonder what made him call you of all people. He should have just let Kcee stay with me."

"If you weren't so stubborn, you would have been with him at your home right now. He called me because he trusts me. And look, he wasn't wrong to do so." Damien stretched his hands wide in pride. "I left my house to babysit you and you can't even utter a 'thank you'? That's bad October."

"You could have said no. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone so you might as well just stop talking."

"Yes ma'am." Damien nodded. He counted three seconds in his head. "You know, Aaron's trust in me makes him count as one more person shipping the both of us."

She dropped her mop.
"What did I just tell you? And who's shipping who? Please, that ship has been shipwrecked."

"You won't believe me, but I assure you that we'll get married one day."

"I bet you three million naira that that will never happen."

"I'm serious. I will. So don't make bets you won't fulfill. That's money you're talking about."

"I know I don't have that money and that's why I'll try my best to never let that happen. Besides, you're going to be a married man soon. Aren't you already engaged?"

"To whom? You?"

"Haha. Very funny. You know who I'm talking about."

"Oh, she." Damien pretended like he just found out what she was talking about. "I can have two wives. It's no crime."

October scoffed.
"I think you're out of your mind."

"I think you feel me."

She sighed.
"Let me clean, please. If you can't help, at least don't disturb me."

"But I'm bored."

"Heyyyy." She laughed sarcastically. "Okay oh." She went back to her work.

"If he was a chicken, I would slice his neck. Lol." October heard him say out of the blues. "His head is so small I wonder how his brain fits inside."

October's eyes widened. Wasn't that.....
She turned to Damien and caught him with her phone in his hands. How did he get it? No wait. How did he unlock it?

"And to think I almost started liking him." Damien read the texts between October and Olivia.
She walked quickly towards him to snatch her phone but he stood up and raised his hands up making it hard for her to get it back. Of course, he had to use his height against her.

"Give it back to me." She crosses her arms.

"Who's the unlucky guy?"

"It's none of your business."

"I guess I'll just read further then." He said before her phone began to ring. She sighed in relief. She had just been saved. If he had read on, he would have found out it was him she was talking about.

She stretched her hand towards him.
"My phone."

"Promise you'll give it back once you're done." He lowered his hands.

"In your dreams." She grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number. Who could be calling at this hour? She picked it up. "Hello?"

"Obianuju."

Her next words dried up in her throat. Damien noticed the abrupt change in her expression.

"I know you still won't talk to me so let me do the talking now." Jim spoke from the other end of the line. October took a deep breath. "I'm restoring everything I took from you. And this house is always open for you to come back home. We all want you here."

"With all due respect sir, I'm better off where I am." She slowly walked away from Damien and towards the room she was in before.

"I only have a short time left and I want to....."

She gulped hard as she got teary eyed.
"I appreciate your effort, but I think you should be with your family at this point. I'm not a part of that. I'm sorry."

"Obianuju..."

"Take care of your health sir." She slowly dropped the phone from her ear and cut the call. She took deep breaths to steady herself.

***************

"I know I said crying wasn't your best look, but I can turn away while you do it." Damien said. She was sitting on the couch adjacent to his, her abandoned mop now lying on the ground.

"It's fine. I'm okay." She sniffed. She kept on telling herself that she didn't want to cry.

"I once heard someone say that sometimes you can just let it out."

"I'm really serious, I'm okay." She said. Her phone rang again. This time, it was Aaron. She picked it up at the first ring.

"Yeah?" She spoke first.

"O.C, it's dad." He sounded like he was panicking. "He's not waking up."

A/N:
Long wait, I know. Writer's block is so annoying. Anyways, love to all of you who kept on commenting and sending messages for me to update the book. I want you to know that I see all of you guys❤️
Did you all notice the change of the book cover? Hard to miss. It had to be changed for a reason. How's the new one?

Also, Damien's Attraction has been put on the reading list of AmbassadorsNG 🥳🥳. That's so cool.

Happy Sunday y'all🙃