Chapter 53

October frowned as she pretended not to notice the way Olivia was staring at her from the same bed she was working on. She just unpacked her clothes from her traveling box as she listened to her Lauren Daigle playlist.

"I know you can feel my burning gaze." Olivia was grinning from ear to ear. October sighed and finally looked back at her.

"Finally, you said something. Stop staring at people like that. It's creepy. And aren't you supposed to be at work? Where's Peppy by the way?" The last one was a rhetorical question because neither she nor Olivia ever knew where Peppy was.

"Well, for your information, it's Sunday." Olivia rose an eyebrow.

"Well, what about Church?"

"It's ten a.m, my service has ended. For your information, you woke up late."

"Yeah, that's true. I was so tired last night when I got back." October shrugged.

"See as your skin tone has changed. I guess the Philippines did you good." Olivia playfully pushed her a little.

October laughed.
"It's just one week."

"For your- "

"Say it one more time and I'll spit in your mouth."

"So, what happened between you and dream man?" Olivia wiggled her eyebrows.

"Who? Damien? Nothing much." October turned back to her box and zipped it up after she had brought out the last piece of clothing.

"Well, in my dictionary, nothing much means that there is actually a little something." Olivia pouted.

October sat on the bed.
"I'm more worried about home."

"What home? Like, home home?" Olivia's smile faded.

"My dad called me." October said after a moment of hesitation. "He said I should come home."

"Did he say anything else?"

October shook her head.
"I'm confused and angry at once, confused that he called me after five whole years and angry that......he finally called me after five whole years. Why did he? I've moved on already."

"Maybe something happened over there?"

"I don't even know." October sighed.

"So are you going?" Olivia rose her eyebrows.

"I'm so not sure. Aaron wants me to."

"But what do you want to do?"

October bit her lip. "Maybe. I'm curious. I actually feel like something is wrong."

"You still have to give me details about your trip by the way."

"Sure. When I have the time though. For now, since I'm not ready to go back to that house, I have to plan the next big thing on my list." October paused. "Which is to storm into Aso's Elite tomorrow morning and demand for my salary." She continued before Olivia could ask.

"Babe, you have only worked for two weeks and a half. You took off a week for your reunion. Your month is not complete yet. Or you want to ask for an advance? You haven't completed your month yet. You're even lucky your boss is Damien, if not you would have received a pinch out of your salary if you were me. Just two and a half weeks after you got the job, you took a break."

"I- kind of quit."

Olivia's mouth dropped open. She patted her chest lightly like she was having a heartache because of the news October was breaking to her. If she had told October that she was really having one, she would have believed it.
"Why would you do that, you- piece of cow dung?"