Chapter 62

'With the way things are going, the doctor thinks he has less than six months.'

Kcee's voice echoed in October's head as she bit her fingernail in shock.

Lung cancer.....When did that happen?

She sniffed as she covered her face with the sheets on the bed. She was so confused. Her heart was aching. She had always thought she hated her father, until now. Millions of thoughts ran through her mind.

Did her mother know? What about Leslie and Lawrence? Was that why he had asked her to come home? Was this really happening?

There was a little knock on the door. It opened slightly.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Aaron's low voice came from outside the room. October could tell he had been shocked too with the way he sounded so devastated.

"I'm not ready for this now." She answered, her head still beneath the sheets. He nodded slowly.

"Someone will be here to stay with you." He said and left after she didn't give him an answer.

October threw the cover off her body and rubbed her temples. The tears in her eyes were freely falling now. She felt so suffocated. It was like the walls were closing in on her. Her head could explode any minute.

Here she was, still hesistant to go to the family house with Aaron this instant. She was so frustrated. What was she doing? The same man who almost ruined her life and who showed up days ago to see her, was dying. She wanted to continue hating him at this point but she just couldn't.

She turned to lie on her side. She picked up her phone when she heard the notification tone sound repeatedly. The messages on her screen were from Damien. It seemed like he had heard the news already.

She didn't even know if at this moment she had the emotional strength to be angry with him for the dinner that had gone wrong. She finally decided to just ignore him. She wiped her eyes with her palms.

'Former bride to be'
It was a message from him again.
'Crying isn't your best look'

She sat up immediately and turned to look around. Her eyes met his. Weird thing, he was standing in front of her open door.

Wait.......
He was standing in front of her open door!
Well a certain twin brother would be killed today. Someone will be here to stay with her huh?

"If you're here to apologize for what happened at the dinner, I'm not in the mood." She failed at trying to sound cold as she lay down lazily on the bed again, backing him.

"I've been doing that way too much these days so I think I'm good for now." He leaned against the wall. He was dressed in a simple T-shirt and knickers.

"It's two a.m in the morning."

"I'm aware." He nodded like she could see him.

"I would have screamed at you for being an intruder but as you can see, I don't have that kind of energy."

"Noted."

"Don't respond. You're making my migraine worse."

"Mhmm."

"I don't see why Aaron would call you of all people. I just complained about you to him hours ago. And you just had to jump at the opportunity to come here and see me wrecked."