Chapter 6

"Would that be all, ma?" October asked over the telephone, speaking to one of the hotel's guests. The woman said something and October's reply was,
"Okay ma. We will have your complaints checked out right now." She cut the call and phoned another number after punching in some keys.

"Yes, Paul? Room 205 has a sanitation problem ....Yes....Okay thank you."
October hung up and dropped the phone. Minutes later, there was a knock on her door.
"If you're not Paul or Kennedy, I'm busy!" October yelled. The door flung open with so much force that it hit the wall behind it. There was someone standing outside with a bouquet of flowers to his face.

"How may I help you?"October asked. The person lowered the bouquet and October groaned when she saw who it was. "What are you doing here?"

"Is that the way you talk to someone you've not seen in months?"Lawrence asked as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

"I didn't say come in."

"I know, but who cares?"

"I care Wren. I need my privacy." October said. "What if I was naked?" She asked out of the blues. Of course she couldn't be naked at work.

"In your office? I doubt." Lawrence said and halted."Wait, come to think of it. Ewwww." He gave her a look of disgust. "You want to scar my memory? Please don't get me scared that all girls are flat chested."

"Thank you for your complement." October said and reached out her hand to collect the bouquet when he hit her hand.

"They're not for you. They're for your poor desk which has endured enough suffering already."

She scoffed.
"Keep it then. I don't need your flowers. I'm a pretty flower on my own."

"Well guess what? One day God will look down on earth and see that pretty flower, so pretty that he will have to...."

"Don't you dare complete it." October warned. No way she was going to let him paraphrase his favourite line from 'Collateral Beauty' on her.

"It's okay, as long as you know what I want to complete it with." Lawrence said.

"You'll appreciate my beauty when I blossom."

"Pu-lease." Lawrence chuckled.  "Come and talk to me when your chest is higher than my diary. Oh wait, my bad. That will be like never because it looks like it will remain deflated forever."

"See, the lightning that may strike you is still weight lifting in the sky. If you don't shut up, it's hot sauce that will roast your mouth." October said.

"Yours will dissolve out of the blues, like ice block dissolving to water." Lawrence said.

"Hey," October clapped her hands thrice. "Is it me or yourself you're insulting? You better leave here now."

"Did I come here to see you?"

"Who did you come here to see then?" October asked.

"The cleaner." Lawrence answered.

"Liar."

"I'm dating her daughter."

"Which of the cleaners?"

"Nelly." He blurted.

"There's no such person in the cleaning department. Why are you such a liar?Anyways, I have work to do."

"So?" Lawrence asked.

"And I have to prepare to go to Aunt Claudia's."

"What?" Lawrence asked, surprised.

"Didn't you hear me?" October asked.

"Why?" Lawrence asked back.

"She has ideas to tell me about the hotel's cafeteria menu."

"Oh." Lawrence said and smiled. "So you don't know?"

"Know about what? Am I supposed to know something in particular?" October asked.
Lawrence grinned.

"No." He nodded sideways. "Nothing. You should go but be careful, Aunt Claudia has tricks up her sleeve." Lawrence said.

October squinted. What was he talking about?

Lawrence held back his laughter. He would save it for the drama that would happen. He knew that Claudia knew Damien was back. Not just that; he going to throw a party when he returned, which would be soon. He either threw it or his mum did as a welcome back party each time Damien returned. Lawrence knew, and he was not going to tell October that Damien was back.

*********************

Merry Christmas my lovely readers