Chapter 16

Thanks to Nikki08076 for being one of the first supporters of this book. Every vote counts!

"How is Jessica?"Aaron asked as he sat beside Damien with a bottle of coke. The pool was not crowded at all but they had decided to sit on sunbeds.

"Troubling,as always."Damien lay down."She keeps on calling and everything. I hope she stays in Lagos for the main time."

"Ah-ah. Are you tired?"

"We've been dating for three years. It's not easy."

"Why don't you break up with her since you are not interested anymore?"Aaron asked.

"If you hear Jessica has committed suicide, just know it's because I broke up with her."

"It's that bad now?"

"Guy,she has started telling people we're engaged."Damien said. Aaron laughed.

"It's bad oh."Aaron said admist his laughter.

"I'm not ready for that. If you see what she did to Ebere,my secretary, because I bought her a phone,you will run away from Jessica." Damien said with a serious face.

"Thank God Anne is even calm,unlike Jessica."

"Is Uncle Jim still forcing you to marry Anne?"

"Mmhmm."Aaron took a sip of his coke.

"Aaron Obiakor,you have to be a man and say 'no'."

"I know."Aaron said.

"And your family is,"Damien sighed and shook his head,"Wow."

"Right?"

"I mean,look how October is, always making me annoyed. I can tell she has something to say whenever I yell at her,"Damien smiled."But she wouldn't dare talk back at her boss."

Aaron looked at a thinking Damien and then smirked.

"What are you smiling about?"Damien asked.

"I'm not smiling,I'm smirking."Aaron responded.

"And why?"

"See the way you're talking about her."Aaron's eyebrows wiggled."This is how it starts oh. Are you sure something is not going on?"

"What do you mean?"Damien asked. Aaron dropped his coke and stood up."Take care of her very well."he laughed.

Damien rolled his eyes and stood up before he pushed Aaron into the pool.

"Guy!"Aaron shouted as his head surfaced on the water. He wiped his face.

"Oh."Damien said."I thought you were high on coke. Now you're sober."

* * * * * * * * * *
"Osmosis."Kcee answered without any stress."Any science student would know that."

"Woah. You're smart oh. You've finished university but you still remember."October said half drunk.

"Okay, what has the head of a goat,another head of a lion,body of a goat,it's tail a snake,and breathes out fire."

"Bush baby?"she asked, unsure."No."she snapped her fingers."Dragon."

"Wrong, Dumbra."Kcee smiled."The answer's Chimera."

She drank her glass halfway and hissed.
"What's that one?It doesn't even exist."she slurred.

"It does."he flicked his finger on her forehead."If you were an eager learner and dictionary person back in secondary school,you would know that."

"Are you trying to prove smart,huh?" October pushed his head with her finger.

"You're getting drunk. No more alcohol for you."Kcee said taking her half empty glass away."You're so not a reader. How could you fail almost six questions?"
October opened her mouth to talk but only a belch came out.

She covered her mouth.
"I need to use the ladies' room."

"Let's go."Kcee helped her stand up. She was completely drunk. He held her shoulder as he walked past the crowd of people to the bathroom. The music had become so high an people were scattered around the dancefloor. Others were wasted on the couches.

"I need to pee ........ I need to pee .."October sang as Kcee took her out.

* * * * * * * * * *

"October?"Kcee called from outside the ladies' room. She had been in there for minutes. He could hear her singing and laughing from inside. She was so drunk. It had been a mistake to let her drink.

"A lady has to do what a lady has to do."October's voice came from inside followed by her laughter.
"Oh my gosh,look. "October gasped." They have a sink!And they have soap!"she squealed from inside.

Kcee's phone chimed. He sighed and brought it out from his pocket. He unlocked the screen and read the message that had come in. He sighed again and dialed Aaron's number.

"Your dad just texted."he said as soon as Aaron picked up,placing the phone to his ear."I need to go... She's in the bathroom and it looks like she's going to spend forever here...You should get here now...Okay"he cut the call.
"October?" he called.

"Yeah?"she answered.

"Aaron's coming,so you wait here for him okay?"

"Whatever."October sang . Kcee shook his head an walked away.

A/N
First of all,
Please forgive me for the late update. I'm sorry if I kept you waiting.

Secondly,
No,no,no.
Do not ship October and Kcee.
I repeat,do not ship October and Kcee.
He and October,It can't happen. In fact, let me use the English from one of my classmates:They can't possible.

To those of you who skip author's notes,mine is not the one you can skip o. They will magically appear as your wallpapers😂😂

Thanks to @Nikki08076 for being one of the very first supporters of this book. Every vote counts!