Chapter 24

@Sammypriyi,@IfeanyiwaNkemadu,@Jaquinee,@AyomikunPriceless.
Thanks guys!

Leslie walked up the stairs to Aaron's master bedroom.

“Thank you for letting me stay at your house Aaron.”October said as Leslie walked in.

“Just don't get traumatized.”He said before he walked away, tapping Leslie on his shoulder on his way out.

“I can't ask if you're okay, but are you feeling better?”Leslie asked.

“I'm fine.”October said and sat up.“I was so not expecting you guys at that moment. Even the one I told to stop fighting,fought for me; Which is surprising because he once paid people to beat me up when I was in senior secondary school.”

“You don't know why?”Leslie laughed.

“What reason could there be?”

“The same reason he gave you the McClaire chocolate on your ‘supposed to be’ wedding. He figured that a good way to cancel the wedding was to get you hurt.But it was girls he hired and he stopped them on time.”

“Yeah,after one of the girls had slapped the crap out of me.”

“And then he gave you the McClaire chocolate because you're allergic to coconuts. McClaires are like fifteen percent coconut.”

“So that's why I always throw up and get sick after eating coconuts. I don't usually take it though.”October said and remembered what Lawrence said to her the day she was supposed to get married.

I may be twelve years old but I know a McClaire chocolate can stop a wedding.’

“Lawrence may not say it much..or even never but you're one of the best women in his life. He comes to see you regularly and talks about you at home. We all do. Which reminds me,you owe me twenty hugs.” Leslie said.

October rolled her eyes.

“I've missed your hugs for twenty three days.”Leslie said.

“I pity your wife.”October told him.

“I know right? I will finish her with over sweetness.”

“If you don't take your time,she will be the one driving you to work.”October laughed.

“It's nice to see you laughing after what happened to you.” Leslie paused and inhaled.“I promise you that no matter what connection James tries to use to get out of jail,I am going to make sure he spends more than six months in jail to gain brains.”

“Thank you. Now go away. I want to sleep.”she nudged him slightly.

“Don't think too much about it. I hate traumatized girls.” He gave his charming smile before he stood up.“Love you.” He said and walked out.

* * * * * * * * *

“Mister Obiakor,”The lawyer that sat beside Justice spoke. The both of them were seated across Lawrence,who had his legs crossed on the table.
Lawrence had met them in his mother's cafe. They had actually called him to meet there.

Lawrence just stared at them,bored. He ate his fried potatoes while playing with his braids.

“It seems like you are not taking any of this seriously.”Mr Ola, Justice's lawyer spoke again.

“What does it look like?”Lawrence asked, stating the obvious.

“We have decided to press charges.”

Lawrence stopped chewing and swallowed.
“And so?”He snickered.“You know the way to court, don't you?”

Justice scoffed.
“Do you really have to be a jerk?”

“Do you?”Lawrence redirected the question.“Look how sick this sounds.”Lawrence dropped his plate of potatoes.“Your brother tried to rape my sister and you're here telling me that I am being a jerk for beating him up?” Lawrence laughed.
“I mean,are you mad? Are you really mad?”

“Mister Obiakor...”Mr Ola tried to say.

“You have no evidence.”Justice spoke.

“No evidence? All because the CCTV cameras were turned off magically that day? There are people who know that my sister was in your brother's suite and she came down like that.”

“Does that prove anything?”Justice asked.

“Look at me very closely,J.”Lawrence bent a little towards the table.“Your brother will go to jail.”

“I can't believe you.”Justice said.

“I cannot believe you either. Is this the type of best friend you are supposed to be?”Lawrence asked, scoffing.“Leave when you're ready.” He stood up and walked away.

Justice sighed. He knew Lawrence would always win between the both of them.

Was his brother saying the truth? He shook the idea off. Family came first even in this case ...... right?