Chapter 76

Edited chapter 74. I'd advice you all to go back to it 😊.

"It's true." Adesuwa snapped her fingers as she stares into space. Jim nodded in agreement as he watched her. They were now both seated  at the edge of his hospital bed. "It was a brilliant plan."

"You see?" Jim added. "If I didn't do it that way, she would never have come home to us and we....." he paused when Adesuwa slowly turned to look at him. She was quiet for some seconds before she hit his arm.

"But do you know how many sleepless nights you have me? You should have let me know right from the start."

"No." Jim shook his head. "Have you met you? Have you seen the way you worry and cry? I needed that dramatic element."

Adesuwa pouted before she giggled.
"It's true. I won't deny that I am dramatic." She pretended like she was stretching her hands,  feeling herself. "Don't worry, I'll continue. Nobody has to know. You know I went to acting school back in the days. I was the top graduating student of that year."

"I bia." Jim crossed his legs.

"What? I'm not lying."

"Did I say so?" He shrugged. "I didn't." He smiled. The kind of sarcastic 'I believe you' smile.

"No, no, no. You don't sound like you believe me. I'm not lying. Ask Sister Ayo."

"You'd be so obvious to everyone now. You'll spoil everything. You'll do too much."

"What do you mean? I'm a professional actress. But wait o." She chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck. "Just in case anyone finds out – especially OC– I didn't know anything o. You know you can't hide this forever. To everyone you're supposed to have six months to live. What are you going to do when six months pass and you are not dead?"

"By that time it won't matter. That's why I didn't want the press to find out. To everyone at the office, I went on a break. To everyone at home, they think I just used that as a cover up so that people won't find out."

Adesuwa clicked her tongue
"That makes sense."

Jim relaxed into the bed. Suddenly, something hit her.

"Jim." She called.

"Hmmmm?"

"There was blood." She turned to him. "That didn't look fake."

"Oh that?" Jim rose his eyebrows. "I was poisoned."

Adesuwa was in shock for a moment.

"Don't worry, I'm okay now. The messed up part is that someone found out I'm here."

"Can you listen to yourself?" Adesuwa turned to him. "Now this is dangerous. You need to stop it. You being in here alone makes it easier for people to access you."

"Leave that thing. They are too small for me. Do they know who they are dealing with?"

"No. First thing tomorrow morning you're changing hospitals."

"I'm not. That's what they're expecting me to do. Don't bother yourself. I'm already on it. I'll find out who the culprit is." Jim said. Adesuwa opened her mouth to protest but he stopped her. "You know that I'll do this how I want."

"It doesn't mean I'll support it."

***********************

October couldn't even bear to look at Louis. She had let him go dance with someone else with the excuse that she was feeling dizzy. She wasn't good at the dance anyways. She was so embarrassed. She knew that he knew that was the necklace that went missing. They both just didn't know how. The fact that he didn't want to talk about it pricked her the most.