Chapter 34

There were knocks on October's office door. The door opened and Chizoba walked in happily. She was beaming. October looked up from her book to her.

"Aunty, I did it!"  Chizoba squealed, pulling out an envelope from behind her.

"You passed!" October joined in the celebration after Chizoba handed her the envelope and she had taken a look at the letter.

"You emerged first out of the first ten students." She gave Chizoba back the letter.

"Thank God. The written exam really helped me." Chizoba said.

"Well done. Have you showed your mother?"

"Not yet."

"Have you told her about the scholarship?"

"I'm planning to." Chizoba put the letter back into the envelope.

"Make sure you do immediately." October smiled.

"Thank you." Chizoba said.

"You're welcome. What for?"
October asked.

"Everything."

"You're so happy." October laughed. "But you need to step up and read so much. Read to understand. There's a lot of competition in British Royal. Those kids may look spoilt but they have it up here." October tapped her temple with her forefinger.

"Taking advice from an experienced British Royal past student."Chizoba gave her a thumbs up.

"Pray and read. You can be on the school's hall of fame or recognition."

"Let me show Aunt Jane." Chizoba said.

"Go ahead." October nodded.

Chizoba walked out and October wondered how someone could be so enthusiastic about schooling.

**********

"No." Kennedy shook his head. "I can't help you with that. I'm sorry."

"It's a week leave. I can't see the boss now and it's urgent. Please." October pleaded.

"It's not my decision to make." Kennedy sighed.

"But you're the manager." October said.

"Look." Kennedy sat up. "It's not my fault. The C.E.O particularly said that if you want a leave, you should come directly to him."

"When?" October asked.

"Yesterday."

Of course he would. He knew she would want to take a leave for the reunion. How was she supposed to see him when he was  not around?

"When will he be around? Tomorrow?" October asked him.

"He's the boss. He comes whenever he wants." Kennedy replied. October sighed. Damien hadn't been coming to the hotel for days now. How was she sure he was even going to show up before the reunion? She was not even sure she was ready to see him yet after what had happened.

A/N:

Hey readers!

Teaser:

"Notwithstanding, you still did what you did. Tell me, did you enjoy defending her? Of course, why won't you because she has bewitched you. Why won't you believe her over me? She's your fiancée anyways. You're disgusting and...."

"Shut up, October." Damien warned her.

"Why should I?"

"No matter how many times you say you dislike me, I know you're lying."

Read, enjoy and stay blessed 😘