Chapter 36

Every school had its ups and downs. You were either the bully, the in between cool kid that could not be bullied, or the bullied.

Then, there were the your classmates who were one of the vital parts of secondary school; And every class has different characters.

The moment October stepped her feet out of the airport with Aaron and the chauffeur who was carrying their luggage following behind, she was greeted with a scream as someone ran to hug her.

It was none other than Sharmaine Oghenevo, the lively rich daughter of a congressman who happened to go to the same school as October.

"Ah- ah. Where's my hug?" Aaron asked as she let go of October.

"It's here for you!" Sharmaine squealed, hugging Aaron too.

Sharmaine, along with another of their classmates, Raul, had been living in the Philippines for three years now. No wonder they were having their reunion in the Philippines now.

"Magandang hapon." Sharmaine greeted as she let Aaron go too.

"You know I don't speak Filipino." Aaron said.

"It just means good afternoon, silly." Sharmaine laughed and turned to one of her guards she had come with. "Take their bags to the trunk."

"Actually, we already booked a limo." October said.

"That's so old season. I brought my car."  Sharmaine gestured to her orange sports car.

"That's yours?" Aaron asked.

"Mmhmm." Sharmaine said as she pushed October into the front seat.  She signaled her guards to get into the limo so they could follow behind.

"Oh no." October said.

"Oh yes." Sharmaine shut October's door.

"Oh, why?" Aaron groaned as she pushed him into the back seat.

"Ohhhh, yes!" Sharmaine sang as she got into the driver's seat, playing with her keys on her finger.

"I thought you were not good at driving ?" Aaron asked.

"That's the point of everything." Sharmaine shrugged.

Aaron and October exchanged glances.

"What?!"

***********

The 'Fancy Class' Resort owned by Sharmaine's parents was huge. It was situated on an island.  October was already jet lagged from the flight, now she was so scared of falling off the speedboat.

"Welcome to Panglao Island!" Sharmaine spread her arms wide as the driver approached shore. There were people already standing on the shore waving to them as they approached.  October waved back as she recognized some of them.  She took off her life jacket as she got out from the boat with Aaron and Sharmaine.

There were men there to carry their bags out. Sharmaine had already closed off the resort to the public for their one week reunion.

"Oh my goodness!" Majesty yelled. "October, you're blocking my view!"

Everyone expected Majesty Eze to have changed over the year, but no. Everything between her and October had to be a competition.

October just smiled and just walked past her towards the people who she guessed were the welcome party from the resort. One of them wore her a garland on her head and did the same for Aaron.

"Maj." Crown Eze called his twin sister. "Leave her alone for once."

"Eww." Majesty fake gagged. "Don't take her side."

"Welcome." Kcee told October and Aaron. He went to greet some of his friends. 

October began to exchange hugs with most of them, from Ini Daniels the class poet, to Crown the star basketball player, to Benedict and Kingsley the class debtor and hoarder respectively, then Vera the geek who barely spoke. She almost forgot the three not- so- tall birds of the same feathers behind everybody. Amaka, Adaeze and Alice were not siblings but they could gossip for Atlanta.

"Hi." October said to Ebube and Stephanie, who was glaring at her from beside Ebube.

"The others are already at the resort." Joan told Sharmaine, holding what looked like a schedule in her hands. Joan was one of their classmates who was now working for Sharmaine.

"Oya, all of you, get out of here and into the van." Sharmaine began to shoo them. They began to move towards the van. October would turn back at intervals to check; To check if Damien was coming.

A/N

Thank you all for your patience 😘

So I am in the mood for great books. Any readers that are perhaps writers here? Drop your book below. It will be lovely if it's Nigerian.